Unlock makes touch screen unresponsive

This is a discussion on Unlock makes touch screen unresponsive within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The touch screen often becomes unresponsive when I try to unlock the phone. The power button brings up the unlock pattern challenge, but my finger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlock makes touch screen unresponsive

Unlock makes touch screen unresponsive

The touch screen often becomes unresponsive when I try to unlock the phone. The power button brings up the unlock pattern challenge, but my finger touch is ignored. Sometimes the screen stays black, and only the four bottom buttons light up.

I think that the problem only occurs with wifi enabled.

Anyone else seen this problem or have a hint. I'd like to keep wifi enabled...

/Lalle

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by lalle View Post
    The touch screen often becomes unresponsive when I try to unlock the phone. The power button brings up the unlock pattern challenge, but my finger touch is ignored. Sometimes the screen stays black, and only the four bottom buttons light up.

/Lalle
    I have that exact problem! I've noticed some things about it over the past couple months. No it didn't start happening recently just never bothered to post about it. I have my WiFi on all of the time so I couldn't tell you if it happens when it is off.

But what I've noticed at times is when I leave my WiFi zone and that problem happens the WiFi symbol is there and looks like it's connected, so usually if I move around and wait a bit it'll realize it's not there and then the 3G or E shows up and all is working again. Same goes for when I come home and get in range of my home WiFi it'll be froze like that, so I walk closer to the AP and then the WiFi symbol will show up and everything starts working again like normal.

The moving thing probably doesn't do anything, just starts working at that time... But I defiantly believe it's a bug in keeping the WiFi on all the time even when the phone goes to sleep. Then the phone has to think about what it's doing with WiFi after it wakes up, that's just a guess of mine I've been working on. If anybody knows how to fix it though, that would be awesome!

/Lalle
    Hi guys, I think I figured a workaround to avoid the problem!!!!
    Early today I tried:
    "Wireless and network" > "Wi-Fi settings" > "Network notification" = OFF
    And until now (more than 10 hours after the change) the unlock screen works as expected every time I've used it :D

Can you guys confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlp View Post

/Lalle
    Hi guys, I think I figured a workaround to avoid the problem!!!!
    Early today I tried:
    "Wireless and network" > "Wi-Fi settings" > "Network notification" = OFF
    And until now (more than 10 hours after the change) the unlock screen works as expected every time I've used it :D

Can you guys confirm this?
    I just had that problem again this morning when I got into work. I changed the network notification to off just now, so I'll try it out for a couple of days and report back if I have had any more problems with it. I hope that's all it takes to fix this!

So I tried it out over the weekend, and it didn't make me any difference. It actually was worse over the weekend than it had been in a while... So it must be something else, probably get fixed if I wiped my phone... But who wants to do that?

I've noticed that since I did that little update on my phone it hasn't been doing this recently. Maybe that's one of the things the update fixed? Or it's just been good to me lately and not screwing up like that... Only time will tell.

Nexus one screen lagging / unresponsive

I think it's more software issue, than the hardware. One of the best ways to test this, if you could visit any flash based / java script based website, browser may end up eating up all the resources available but again, Google should be the one to test and answer these questions. Surprisingly it's not the first time this happened, I wonder if Google even care about this forum. They definitely need to release a patch for Android 2.2.

Unhappy I think I have the same problem

What can I do?
    This makes it impossible to use the phone, it gets stuck all the time, and the touch screen doesnt respond.

Looks like your having more touchscreen issues than normally would. Ask for a replacement, cuz my touchscreen bugs a little only like 3 times a week and lockin n unlocking solves it easily.

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One

c3k
    it not a touchscreen issue, imho

I start to get it on stock rom, very annoying, when I got it I have to press the power button many times, and wait...

I switch to cyanogenmod (6.1.1) and everything was fine for more than 1 month, never got it.

Now the problem is back and I don't know what could be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links