Deleting texts

This is a discussion on Deleting texts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, I have noticed that when I choose to delete a single text on a few occasions my phone is not deleting the text ...

Thread: Deleting texts

Deleting texts

Hey guys,

I have noticed that when I choose to delete a single text on a few occasions my phone is not deleting the text I am trying to delete but a text from previous in the conversation.

is this a known bug? Is it fixable?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anyone aware of this?

How are you trying to delete the text and what do you mean a text from previous on the conversation?

If I press and hold on the message to delete it. I mean when I do this it sometimes deletes another message from the same thread and not the one I'm trying to delete

Your right this is very strange. Is this on the stock messaging app or one from the market?

It is the standard one on the phone. It is really p***ing me off now. Is it possible to send this fault to anyone to see if there is anything official?

We were able to post these problems on the official nexus one support forum but sadly it has gone read only.

As for more assistance to your problem I am not sure what else to do. If I were you I might try clearing the data from messaging app (or even just the catch) but I don`t think that would fix it (but you never know). And the only other thing I can think of is factory reset that would probably fix it but I don`t know if you want to do that.

I wouldn't be keen on the factory reset, but it might have to come to that. If I were, presumably I would loose all my apps, contacts, messages, calendar info, pictures etc? What is the quickest and best way to back this stuff up before doing a factory reset?

Well for apps there is an option for that in your settings (I think under Google account, not sure) it will back them up to you Gmail account. For contacts they are backed up to your Gmail automatically. Messages there are some sms backup apps in the market. Calendar once again is on your Gmail. Info you will need to be more specific cause I don`t know what you mean. Pictures are on your sd usually so they should not be affected but you can back them up to your computer if you want to be safe.

Good luck hope this helps.

I will back up my pictures tomorrow, left my data cable at work. Will let you know how I get on.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links