screen turned purple.

This is a discussion on screen turned purple. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok I will start from the beginning. I got up this morning and turned on my nexus one (I turn it off at night and ...

Thread: screen turned purple.

Unhappy screen turned purple.

Ok I will start from the beginning. I got up this morning and turned on my nexus one (I turn it off at night and charge it) then the :nexusx: logo showed up but the colors were all different I found it a bit weird. Then the animated X started and the colors were all wrong on this screen to, then when I got to the unlock screen that is when I started freaking out cause everything was purple then I did the unlock code and everything was purple on the home screen to. Then I opened then browser just to see what it looked like on a white screen and I noticed that in the bottom right hand corner my home screen was still there. So all I did was turn it off wait about 10 sec then turn it back on again obviously since I am posting this it did not fix the problem. So I had to leave for school (I`m in high school) and when I got back I turned it back on and the problem was actually worse it was more purple than in the morning. I will try and get some pics up soon but I have only two cameras one that the pictures are to low quality that you can`t see its purple and the other one that makes them so high quality that the forum won`t take them my nexus one is in between but it can`t take a picture of itself.

I am willing to try anything to fix this even if that means root. Witch I would rather keep as a last option ok.

I am really hoping I don`t have to send it back to htc cause I am not the original owner of the phone so I have no warranty.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Never mind figured out what it is it’s that there is a crack on the bottom corner where the home screen stayed when I opened the browser . This make sense because now that I think about it I had a fall last night and that is probably what did it although can any one tell me why it didn`t brake instantly last night cause for the rest of the night it worked fine until this morning when I turned it on? So I guess I will have to go through htc this sucks.

you will probs find that the initial fall did 90% of the damage however a small knock later on finished it off, i had this happen with an old nokia when i ran into a wall lol the screen was ripped to shreds but to my amazement it was ok.....3 days later i went and dropped it down onto my desk and it exploded lol
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Well that is weird because I always put it down VERY gently on my desk and it was still normal color when I put it down.

Well that only leaves someone sneaking into your room and bashing your phone about lol

Engraved using pure root
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

lol thanks needed some cheering up. Although I think I can imagine what did it in I live in Canada and its starting to get cold (as in there is alertly snow on the ground) so that might have done it.

Now can anyone who has a used nexus one tell me that they went through htc and they kept the warranty?

Also can anyone out there who is using a nexus one with an s-scd display tell me if there is a big difference between battery use and color? I have seen the side by side videos and I would like to know what the difference is ``in the field´´.

I know I am reviving an old thread but I just out found that it was not the cold or a small hit that finished that phone but it was just time. I know this because it got worse through the first day and I realised yesterday that my screen was completely dead. I think this is just because the screen was holding on and eventually just faded away and eventually died.

Just wanted to inform anyone who might care.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links