Weather App Info display wrong?

This is a discussion on Weather App Info display wrong? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone else having an issue with the Android weather app? I was happy with the weather app. If I clicked on the weather widget next ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather App Info display wrong?

Weather App Info display wrong?

Anyone else having an issue with the Android weather app?

I was happy with the weather app. If I clicked on the weather widget next to the news and hit the "i" in the top right, it showed the predicted temperature and moisture for the next 24 hours, and you could drag a bar across to show the time for the graph as you dragged the bar across.

Now, however, it only shows this for about one hour's time for 1 hour previous to the current time, and the time drags in reverse left to right, i.e. it starts at 7:00 am and ends at 6:00 am when the actual time is 7:40 am.

Any ideas for how to fix this? I've tried refreshing the weather, deleting the widget and creating a new one, and rebooting the phone to no avail.

Is there any chance this is related to the fact that I recently replaced my SD card with a 16 GB one? I have noticed that some of my ringtone assignments have been messed up, pointing to different songs. I assume this is because I used a PC to copy the data from one SD card to another, which I imagine screwed up some index which relied on file position in a table to determine which file to use. I notice that before, the ringtones I added were intermixed alphabettically with the default ringtones, now the phone lists the default ringtones first, and then the ones I added. Not a big deal to me, I just had to go through and reassign my ringtones.

But I really want to get this weather widget fixed.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same issue here, I also cleared the widgets app data and cache

did you reboot after claearing caches

may try uninstalling and reinstalling app
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

did reboot, but will not uninstall as I have the missing apps issue

Quote Originally Posted by cachiama View Post
    did reboot, but will not uninstall as I have the missing apps issue
    Missing app issue I am not aware of an issue like this can you elaborate a little more?

I also have a question on the weather app although itís a not the same one. I just wanted to know if there is a way to set it to Celsius instead of Fahrenheit cause I don`t use Fahrenheit I use Celsius.

For Celsius go to the app, settings > weather settings => use metric should be ticked

By missing apps I meant copy protected apps such as Google maps and earth not found in the market and thus not updateable

Thank you for the tip on the Celsius thing.

As for the missing app issue I think I herd of this once. Have you tried anything to fix it?

As for your problem since you won`t uninstall the only other thing I can think of is a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by cachiama View Post
    For Celsius go to the app, settings > weather settings => use metric should be ticked

By missing apps I meant copy protected apps such as Google maps and earth not found in the market and thus not updateable
    As far as I know, you can't uninstall the News/Weather app, it is part of the OS, and has not been updated in any way. You can remove the widget without issue, but you cannot remove it from the phone (unless you are rooted, I am not).

You won't see the app in applications because it is an OS app. To see the app, you must select "All" at the top of the settings/applications/manage applications menu.

I tried to fix the missing apps issue but there doesn't seem to be a fix without rooting. The issue is common with unlocked phones.

I own a nexus one, I bought a developer subscription yesterday as nexus one with developer account should be able to see hidden apps (found on google dev phones page) but the attempt was useless.

Root then, it's so easy, and very rewarding! :-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links