Unable to install system update on my N1

This is a discussion on Unable to install system update on my N1 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I received a notification on my N1 that an update is available. However, I'm getting a failure notification after the phone powers down and attempts ...

Thread: Unable to install system update on my N1

Question Unable to install system update on my N1

I received a notification on my N1 that an update is available. However, I'm getting a failure notification after the phone powers down and attempts to go through the installation procedure. It goes to the "Android system recovery" screen, at bottom of which appears the following script:

Build: RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:No signature (8 files)
    E:Verification failed
    Installation aborted

I've received several system update notifications in the past few weeks, and each time I accept and install, I get this failure. This is a rooted N1 - and otherwise without any discernible hardware or operating system problems.

Any help anyone can throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    -RL

P.S. I'm running: Froyo 2.2
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number: FRF91

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Won't work with the Amon Ra recovery that you have installed... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks. Please tell, what do I do next?

If you want the update, you'll definately need a stock recovery and probably a stock ROM (sounds like you have a rooted stock ROM, which may be OK), also.

The latest update (FRG83D) seems to be resistant to some of the current rooting methods. If you update, you will loose root access, and it may be a while until a method is developed.

The update doesn't appear to offer much in the way of changes, so there's little value in loosing root to get it. I would just stay as you are for now...

If you really wanna update, I can point you in the right direction...

I also keep getting the notification to update. I'm currently on frg83 2.2 and used the one click root method. Still using stock rom with bootloader locked.

So are you saying if I accept the update I will lose root along with some apps or is there only a chance this will happen?

If I will lose root then I will not update but it would be nice to get rid of the annoying notification to update that pops up every 10 minutes. I tried going to settings, updates, to disable automatic updates but it just goes to the screen to install this new update that my phone downloaded last night while sleeping.

Thanks for any advice.

Good question.
    I would say you MAY loose root.

I do know that people who have flashed it are struggling to gain root access, but I've not confirmed if they were rooted before the update.

Apparently, the update will manually flash through some of the newer custom recoveries - but the results are mixed (doesn't always work). You do need a stock ROM as a base...

I can see a stock recovery in the update, but I'm still not sure if you will loose root flashing it...

Thanks, Danger Rat. Think I will hold off on this then.

Rooted version of FRG83D available:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714184

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links