HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

This is a discussion on HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; when I select 'recovery' the phone shows the same symbol i see when I first power on the phone, with the nexus one sign and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

when I select 'recovery' the phone shows the same symbol i see when I first power on the phone, with the nexus one sign and the unlocked lock symbol below. After that the phone goes completely blank, the buttons become unresponsive and the light doesnt pulsate whatsoever. Even the charging light dissappears, I waited for about 10 minutes but I see nothng happening. What am I supposed to be seeing? There is a clear storage option there as well - I'm not sure if the memory card is blank, maybe thats why nothing is happening?

the clear storage option is in the same page as the recovery option. Nothing is currently on my screen, absolutely blank at the moment.

I was just trying to see what options are available...

Follow the guide here for unroot/restore, using PASSIMG method. Use upper case or lower case as written, because it is case sensitive:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

Use trackball and power to boot, and menu to select bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Oh okay, so by what I'm telling you - do you think my phone will be able to get fixed? Also I'm not sure what files were on my SD, would this make a difference? Once I clear my card - how do I get the stock N1 files? I see that the tutorial says to place a file in the 'root' folder of the card - after I erase the card I will have nothing on there, should I just make a folder called root? Sorry for the noob questions, I'm coming from iPhones - I know nothing..:iphone:

I remember my phone was FRF91, is FRG83 a code for something else?

You phone is working, but the OS is messed up. Flashing this stock file will repair the OS.

Placing the file in the root of your SD means 'not in a folder'. Make sure there are no other zip files on there...

The link to the files is the word 'here' on step 2. Use FRG33 because FRG83 doesn't like to be flashed.

FRG33 is a newer version than FRF91. They are both 2.2

Also, while waiting for your 16gb card, you could get a 1 or 2gb card from bustbuy or wherever for around $10.

It's probably safer than running with the 128m that you have...

okay so after I erase the SD, I can just drag and drop that .zip file on and pop it in my phone - then enter recovery and be good?

Follow the instructions.

You want bootloader, NOT recovery.

File needs to be named PASSIMG.zip
    When you boot into bootloader, it automatically looks for this file. If it finds it, it asks if you wanna run it. It will then wipe everything and then replace the recovery, kernel, ROM, etc.
    When finished, your phone will be like new, so you'll have to add your Google account again, etc...

Hey so I cleared the 128mb card, Formatted it as FAT and placed the file on the card. When turning on the phone I held the volume down key and the power and the screen didn't show the Nexus One start-up screen, rather strait to the white screen with the 4 options. It did a search for maybe 4 seconds (no where near the 1 or 2 minutes) - what am I doing wrong?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links