HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

This is a discussion on HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Phone isn't reading your card... Try formatting the card from the phone, in the recovery menu, then add the file... Sent from my Nexus One ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

Phone isn't reading your card...

Try formatting the card from the phone, in the recovery menu, then add the file...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The option that says clear storage? I clicked it and it says it'll delete all user data - now is that off the phone or memory card? or am I just clicking on the wrong thing?

That's just on the phone. I thought the stock recovery had an option to format the card, but I may be wrong...

You're phone isn't reading the card, possibly because it's formatted incorrectly, or possibly because you named the file incorrectly.

Since you're already unlocked, you can try flashing via fastboot, from the PC, if you feel comfortable?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I won't mind learning, is there a tutorial I can follow or you provide me with some steps? Also, before that should I try formatting it to FAT32 or something else? it's currently formatted as FAT and there is only 1 file on the card and it is labled PASSIMG.ZIP

For a tutorial, look at my earlier link to the wiki - it has pretty much everything you're likely to need (there are some details missing, but it will give you a good understanding).

Card needs to be FAT32 formatted. If it isn't, then reformat and try again...

Windows doesn't always show file extensions (depending on settings), so 'file.zip' may show up as just 'file'. If you rename 'file' to 'rename.zip' it actually becomes 'rename.zip.zip'... I'm sure you know this, but that's a surprisingly common mistake...

yep, I made sure it was a .zip. Also I reformatted into a FAT32 and the phone was showing it reading the file but it then said no image or wrong image and stopped its process. I have named it PASSIMG.ZIP and it was originally the FRG33 rom. I'm sure if I get the right file name/file it'll ask me but I can't get the file to execute properly

Hey I'm sorry for my mistake, I was holding the track ball and power button when I should have held the volume down button and the power button as I powered on. The file worked as you described it would, it did the update and when I rebooted my phone it showed me the nexus one start up symbol but then goes right back to being blank. I took the battery out after wating a few minutes and put it back in to try and boot up again but I had the same thing happen. My phone is behaving completely unresponsively, I no longer see pulsating lights, the phone appears to be off and the alarm wont go off and will not recieve calls etc.. what do you think is going on?

I just noticed as I was picking it up that the phone's 4 keys vibrate - so the phone is on. Absolutely nothing on the screen though

I'm struggling now...
    It's definitely not bricked if you can access bootloader, recovery, etc, but I've no idea why the stock flash didn't take...

The typical cause for a blank screen is if you have a newer phone with an SLCD screen, but you flash an older ROM, or recovery (the phone still works, but the screen display is blank). Since you were only installing an update originally, this isn't the case, and the FRG33 is compatible with the SLCD screens, so that should've fixed it.

The only thing I can think of is that the 128m card isn't big enough?
    The FRG33 image is 80m, but I don't know how much room is needed for unzipping, swapping files, etc...

You can always try using the fastboot method from your PC, but if the SD isn't big enough, that won't help either...

I would try a bigger card before I start resorting to other methods...

Failing that, try posting over on xda, since some of the guys have some nice tricks up their sleeves (much bigger community).

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Failing that, try posting over on xda, since some of the guys have some nice tricks up their sleeves (much bigger community).
    Not to mention a developers community so they know allot more on these types of things.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links