HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

This is a discussion on HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thank you for all your help. I will try getting my hands on a bigger card asap and then I'll try again. On a side ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

Thank you for all your help. I will try getting my hands on a bigger card asap and then I'll try again. On a side note, the phone displayed that all components were updated successfully and prompted me to reboot after it said it had successfully completed updating - after the reboot the blank screen comes around and doesnt go away.

I sometimes see the track ball pulsating now, when I press the lock key I get a slight vibration - and when I press the lock key + volume up, after releasing I hear a loud beep out of the speaker of the phone. No idea what's goin on.

I thought that the file on your sd card need to be named "Update.zip"?
    Reading through though, it looks like the file did update so I could be wrong.
    I am thinking that your current SD card isn't big enough for the process to complete correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I am thinking that your current SD card isn't big enough for the process to complete correctly.
    Update.zip is for flashing updates to the ROM, and not a full system image. Also, the update is flashed through recovery. You flash the full system image from the bootloader, because it also overwrites the recovery... hope this clarifies?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Update.zip is for flashing updates to the ROM, and not a full system image. Also, the update is flashed through recovery. You flash the full system image from the bootloader, because it also overwrites the recovery... hope this clarifies?

Yes it does. Thanks.

After doing the PASSIMG.ZIP update - the phones still in the same state. The trackball now pulsates every 5 seconds or so.. When I press the power button the 4 buttons all light up and vibrate when touched... if I hold the power button I feel a slight vibration... Any ideas as to what to do? So far I have only done the update with the 128mb card I have, the bigger card is on the way but the update itself said it completed successfully as all components on the update page went through the update and informed me that they had successfully installed.

If i don't press any keys after about 2 minutes the 4 keys go dim and the trackball begins to pulsate again... the screen definitely works as I always see the Nexus One symbol when I take the battery out and put it back in and I am able to get into those recovery pages where I can select bootloader etc.

Worst case:
    If you're 100% sure that the stock ROM installed, I think it's likely that you're looking at a hardware problem...

When I enter the recovery page there are several lines up top which say

*** UNLOCKED ***
    NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.35.0017
    MICROP-0b15
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103
    RADIO-5.08.00.04
    Jun 14 2010, 12:02:27

then I have the 4 options available which are fastboot, reboot, reboot bootloader adn power down. If I click fastboot, it takes me to the page where it begins to read the PASSIMG.ZIP file and asks for the update, if i select no I only have 4 options on that page which are fastboot, recovery, clear storage and sim lock. If I click fastboot, it takes me back to the first page with the 4 options..

What sort of hardware problem could it be? Really worried as I didn't purchase my phone through my provider and if it's scrap I'm out a good 500 bucks..

Ahhh - you have the 35 hboot.
    The passimg will not work, you need 33 hboot.

This is how to downgrade to 33:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726258

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links