HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

This is a discussion on HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I will try that out, thanks!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

I will try that out, thanks!

Hey, just got home from work and I'm about to give this a try. A quick question, how do I know if my phone is 'rooted' or not? Also if I am not rooted, is it possible to do so in my phones current state?

Create a new mtd0.img file through this site
    http://ks33673.kimsufi.com/misc/
    I used the values, CID: 11111111 and Rom version: 0.22.997.0
    Save the mtd0.img file to you PC.

The step where I need to create a new mtd0.img is also a bit of a minor problem as it is asking me for a user name and password for me to access the website. It's all in french - I don't know where to click to register and whatnot.. any one got something I can use or anything?

If it is rooted, you can't really do any harm trying to root again, so just go for it...

The link is dead, but if you look at post 40, you'll find the files...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Since you're unlocked, you can also re-image your phone via fastboot, but I'm not much of a fastboot user.

The 35 hboot just prevents you from doing the passimg method. Fastboot may be easier, if you search for the instructions? They're in the wiki under unroot/restore, but following fastboot method...

is there anyway to use the HBOOT35 to fix my phone? I don't know what I have on, I was messing with FRG33 and FRF91 and now am not able to use the PASSIMG.ZIP for some reason, it unzips but then doesnt give me the option to flash (could this be because the PASSIMG.ZIP flash file is the file I already have on my phone? I was just trying to install FRF91 again just to be sure I was on the right version before following those steps.)

Also, I can't seem to get the FRF91 file to download from this link;
    23/Nov - Superboot ERD79 -> FRG83D - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

Yes! You can use fastboot, and follow the unroot/restore option in the wiki (fastboot method).

I would extract the recovery.img, system.img, etc from the FRG33 zip, since it is a full image and not just an update...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links