HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

This is a discussion on HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My phone was running 2.2 on FRF91 I believe. I don't have a memory card installed on the phone at the moment either.. so anyways ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

HELP! Phone asked to update now screen is blank!

My phone was running 2.2 on FRF91 I believe. I don't have a memory card installed on the phone at the moment either.. so anyways the phone asked me to do an update, but in order to do so I would need to plug in my battery cable. That being the case, I put the phone on charge before I went to sleep and started the update. Coming from the iPhones, when the update is complete the phones are usually ready-to-use and I hope that I'm just missing a crucial step because ever since I woke up, my screen will not go on. My ball button is flashing and when I press the lock key at the top my home keys all light up. I've removed the battery and re-inserted it and powered up, what happened then was I saw the nexus one sign for about 5 - 10 seconds then back to the same black screen, flashing button situation. Can anyone tell me what to do? I have a memory card on the way if that is essential to the fix. Please Help!

*I must also note that I think my phone has it's bootloader unlocked. When my phone starts up there is an unlocked lock symbol under the nexus one symbol close to the bottom of the screen.

I have tried a hard reset but when I press the power and volume down key all my phone does is vibrate non stop, I see nothing on the screen. After waiting around 30 seconds when I press the volume up key with the lock key I just hear a beep and the phone goes back to its dead state. I was holding the volume up key and lock key earlier for some time and I heard a incoming text sound - but again even then the phone doesnt do anything and always returns to the blank screen with pulsating roller button.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

On another side note, my alarm just went off as schedueled at 6:32am.. I pressed where I usually press to turn it off and it went off... before that I pressed the lock key and thought I turned it off but it was just put on snooze I guess. Anyways I really hope theres a quick fix or something, I know the screen is fully functioning as when I take the battery out and put it back in the screen lights up with the nexus one symbol and the unlocked lock symbol under it as always, but then it goes blank and the track ball just begins to pulsate... nothing else happens

Don't worry, just wait until your SD card arrives and then we'll see what options we have...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Maybe the phone actually needs the SD card. That would explain why one comes with the phone.

What would be the first step when it arrives? You guys sure this is all SD related?
    thanks for the help

Put the card in, and see what happens... got a feeling we'll have to re-image...

How big of a memory card do I need? I have gotten a hold of a 128mb microSD I used with an old nokia, will that be good enough?

Also I noticed that the phone is fully functioning - I recieve calls and hear all my alerts but the screen is dead blank. The only time i see anything on the screen is when I take the battery out and put it back in and it powers up - the logo then shows with the unlocked lock symbol and then the screen goes blank and stays blank. If i press the lock key and volume down it continously vibrates but nothing ends up happening... what should I do first? Really need to get this thing working, I have no backups whatsoever..

My guess is that the update didn't flash fully. Best option is to revert to stock, which means flashing files from the SD.
    128m is a bit small, but it may work. The update is about 80m, but your phone may store more data on the card...

How big is the card that's coming, and when does it get there?

In the meantime, see if you can get into fastboot. To do this, make sure phone is powered off (pull battery), then hold down trackball then power up. Hold down both buttons for 1 or 2 seconds...

The one coming is going to be a 16gb and it should be here on this Friday or the next. (shipped from ebay so could be delayed a week)

Also, I was able to get into fastboot. I saw a white screen with 3 droid charecters on skateboards at the bottom and I was given 4 options. Bootloader, reboot, power down and something else I can't recall

Use the 128 card for now...

Boot into fastboot, select bootloader, and you should get another white screen menu (hboot), if you do, try selecting recovery...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links