Issue with Nexus one

This is a discussion on Issue with Nexus one within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Guys, I've currently got Android 2.2 installed, don't currently have data atm on my phone so haven't got the latest ota update. Whenever I ...

Thread: Issue with Nexus one

Issue with Nexus one

Hi Guys,

I've currently got Android 2.2 installed, don't currently have data atm on my phone so haven't got the latest ota update.

Whenever I try opening up my microsd card to access my photos, music etc, the only folder which is visible is a .androidsecure folder and when I try opening it there is nothing in there.

I know the files are there in the microsd card because I can access them via my phone but cannot see them in the card itself. Any way of retrieving them, and fixing this bug?

Thanks all. And on another note, any links to dl 2.2.1 which I believe is the latest update without ota? The official google link doesn't seem to work anymore.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How are you trying to view your SD card?

Here's your ROM:
    http://dl4.htc.com/RomCode/Source_an...FRG83_0923.zip

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thanks for your prompt reply.

Way I am opening the microsd card is just by clicking the icon after turning on the usb storage (and the android icon turns orange on the phone) with the message usb storage in use. So the removable disk (G opens however there is only the one folder which is the android secure and is empty.

Re: the link, it doesn't work for me (takes me to the Australia HTC home page)

So you can't see it from your PC. Have you tried downloading eStrongs file manager or similar, on your phone and looking with that?

Link works fine for me. Try this:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Nexus_One/Roms

I'll see if I can find another link. There's a website called shipped roms, or something...

I don't currently have data so can't access the android market to install the app onto my phone regarding viewing the folder itself.

I've tried installing the updated versions from the xda developers page but get the following error message

E:Verification failed

I'm running: Froyo 2.2
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27220-g3c28f560 android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number: FRF50.

I shouldn't have a root build though I was an early upgrader to Froyo but had used the google dl when I installed it in May this year.

What are my best options to upgrade the rom without rooting, the issues I might be having with accessing my sd card via my pc may be due to the rom I currently have.

Cheers

No internet access on your phone, and a potentially dodgy SD card... I don't suppose you have a spare card?

Can you go somewhere that has wifi?

Make sure you have up to date drivers on your PC.

Easiest way is to install the PDAnet desktop client.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links