please tell me my n1 isn't a paperweight now....

This is a discussion on please tell me my n1 isn't a paperweight now.... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i've created a thread at xda as well, but obviously i'm looking for answers pronto to get this fixed so the more exposure the better. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please tell me my n1 isn't a paperweight now....

please tell me my n1 isn't a paperweight now....

i've created a thread at xda as well, but obviously i'm looking for answers pronto to get this fixed so the more exposure the better.

heres the deal....

running rod's miui rom and was trying to remove excess crap via titanium pro. when trying to remove facebook it would reboot and give an error message about signature failure. so i thought i'd see if it would successfully remove a different app. rod included a fancy widget app that i had no desire for. when trying to remove that, it did a number on my n1. i cannot get into the recovery mode or anything. just get the big X and then immediately goes to what is shown in the video below.

however, i can connect via adb and issue successful commands.

this is a video of what the phone now does. no matter if i pull the battery or what.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4DP3IjZiQ]YouTube - Nexus One Stuck.MP4[/ame]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well jugging form the background it looks like it is trying to download an update but I can`t make out what is writing when this happens the only thing I can make out is clockwork mod recovery. But can you access the bootloader screen that would at least be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well jugging form the background it looks like it is trying to download an update but I can`t make out what is writing when this happens the only thing I can make out is clockwork mod recovery. But can you access the bootloader screen that would at least be a start.
    this is the text
    "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.0
    Finding Update Package........
    Opening Update Package.......
    Verifying Update Package......
    Installing Update....."

nope, can access bootloader...... if i could i'd simply reflash a rom.

adb seems to be working though, i can reboot the phone with it, but even the reboot-bootloader command wont bring up the boot loader.

if i run the devices command, this is what i get

cobbs@Desktop:~/Android/tools$ ./adb devices
    List of devices attached
    HT02KP901120 recovery

cobbs@Desktop:~/Android/tools$

Well that is what I was thinking but I said it would be a start cause you never know what you will be able to do and what you won`t.

Since you can gain adb access, have you tried pushing the stock bootloader image?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726258

At this point, I think the logical steps would be:
    Get a working bootloader.
    Use bootloader to get a working recovery.
    Once you have bootloader and recovery, you're home free... (actually, you're pretty much home free with just fastboot access).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well that is what I was thinking but I said it would be a start cause you never know what you will be able to do and what you won`t.
    any suggestions are welcome....... keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Since you can gain adb access, have you tried pushing the stock bootloader image?
    [HOW-TO] Revert HBOOT 0.35.0017 to 0.33.0012 - xda-developers

At this point, I think the logical steps would be:
    Get a working bootloader.
    Use bootloader to get a working recovery.
    Once you have bootloader and recovery, you're home free... (actually, you're pretty much home free with just fastboot access).

forgive my ignorance..... i'm still very noob to this stuff. so are amon and clockworkmod both bootloaders or something different? do i just push one of them to the phone? if so, what is the path in which it would need to placed and then how do you go about "reinstalling" it?

Amon and Clockwork are recoveries. Think of them as an alternate, and very minimal OS (kinda like DOS). Think of the bootloader as more like the BIOS...

If your bootloader isn't working properly, then it will effect everything...

The bootloader thing is just a suggestion. You may wanna try flashing a new recovery first?

Problem is, adb usually requires you to boot into recover. Fastboot usually requires you to boot into bootloader (fastboot).

You say you can't access either?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Amon and Clockwork are recoveries. Think of them as an alternate, and very minimal OS (kinda like DOS). Think of the bootloader as more like the BIOS...

If your bootloader isn't working properly, then it will effect everything...

ok, that makes sense. so, to fix the bootloader, use the link you provided? i've read through it, but not quite sure what i'm doing there. i've downloaded the epf30 update and the flash image binary. but for the mtd0.img file when i click the link it takes me to a french website where it wants a username and password.

I added more info to my last post...

adb does have some functionality. i can send commands and the phone will react. what is necessary to try to reflash a recovery?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links