Problems downloading in market and otherwise

This is a discussion on Problems downloading in market and otherwise within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Long time listener, first time caller here. I'm having trouble downloading from the market. Whenever I select something and try and start the download, the ...

Thread: Problems downloading in market and otherwise

Problems downloading in market and otherwise

Long time listener, first time caller here.

I'm having trouble downloading from the market. Whenever I select something and try and start the download, the notification comes up in the status bar that it's downloading then it goes away real quick. When I check the app I'm supposed to be downloading the download bar is either entirely blank or shows the barber shop style lines with download unsuccessful at the bottom.

I also tried downloading an .apk from the web with the same result. When I check the download history it says something about the filetype being unsupported.

Does anybody have any info on this? I've tried signing out/clearing cache on GTalk, clearing cache and data on market and download manager and rebooting the device to no avail. Next up is a reformat but I don't want to if I don't have to. Any advice is appreciated!

EDIT: The market appears to be working for now but I'm still having trouble with most of the web .apks. Was there something in the FRG83D update that blocks "pirated" apps or something?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First, we do not allow references to pirated apps here. Period. I have edited your post to remove the reference.

That attended to, I have been having inconsistent problems with the Market of late, too. Eventually, they get it working again, and nothing is lost but the time spent "re-try"ing.

Sorry about that WERA, I guess I should have read the rules.

I have been hearing something about them updating the market recently. Maybe it has something to do with them preparing for the big update.

I too have noticed this market weirdness. Hopefully it means gingerbread is gearing up!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links