Force close issue

This is a discussion on Force close issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am looking for some help to see if I can resolve the force close issue I am having with my nexus one. I have ...

Thread: Force close issue

Force close issue

I am looking for some help to see if I can resolve the force close issue I am having with my nexus one.

I have searched the forums and can't seem to find a simple reply if one does exist.

THe phone was recently OTA updated to the new OS. The force close existed prior to this recent update.

It is not rooted and has original stock apps as well with apps that I downloaded for the market.

1. Could it be that there are too many apps open at the same time?
    2. Could it be I download a bad app that is causing this?
    3. Or????

Any replies would be appreciated as I am not a techie and in the 60 plus crowd but have a rudamental understanding of issues and love this phone but now getting frustrated each time I have to wait for the force close

Thanks in advance for any replies

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It could be one or both

You probably don't remember if it started after a certain app was dl'd

I have been rooted for a long time and don't remember all the stock options

You can back up apps with a program that does that for non rooted phones, maybe MyBackUp Pro

Then load one at a time. Tedious, but would eliminate the apps

Usually the first thing I do is a battery pull before anything else

Again, on being out of practice with stock phones, don't remember how, but you would back up phone, again MyBackUp Pro may be only or one of a few options and do a factory reset. Back up sdcard to pc just to be safe.

Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links