Internal storage 220MB???

This is a discussion on Internal storage 220MB??? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, I've installed APPS2SD, and it calculates my total storage as roughly 220MB? What happens to the rest of my 512MB? Can anyone help ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internal storage 220MB???

Internal storage 220MB???

Hey guys,

I've installed APPS2SD, and it calculates my total storage as roughly 220MB?

What happens to the rest of my 512MB?

Can anyone help me with this.

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anyone?

Help please

Smile

First let me start by explaining the type of memory.

1 internal memory is where the operating system and apps are stored.

2 RAM is the memory that the operating system uses to load running processes and running apps.

3 flash memory is your sdcard

The Nexus One has 512 MB of internal memory, and part of that memory is used to store the operating system that why you only see 220 MB of free space. That is just the nature of every smartphone.

Lucky the Nexus One can store apps to your sdcard. I don't recommend installing apps that have widgets or live wallpaper to your sdcard is will cause you problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    First let me start by explaining the type of memory.

1 internal memory is where the operating system and apps are stored.

2 RAM is the memory that the operating system uses to load running processes and running apps.

The Nexus One has 512 MB of internal memory, and part of that memory is used to store the operating system that why you only see 220 MB of free space. That is just the nature of every smartphone.

Lucky the Nexus One can store apps to your sdcard. I don't recommend installing apps that have widgets or live wallpaper to your sdcard is will cause you problems.
    Thanks for the 101... None of that is new to me, but I do appreciate you taking the time.

It's really sad that this awesome phone only has 200+ MB to store to. The SD save is a handy feature, but not always.

The fact only SOME apps can be saved to SD is disappointing... And more frustrating, is that some apps aren't intended to run from SD, as you mentioned. I saved my Live wallpaper to SD, and I'm having issues.

So here I am, with this great phone, and horrendous storage. Do I get another Android phone, or do I wait it out until the Nexus Two arrives on the scene?

There is a guide how to force apps to the SDcard without rooting link.

This is what I did to save apps like Adobe Flash Player 10.1 to the SDcard. Just remember if you want to use the widget from an app don't install it on the SDcard, but if you don't need the widget install it to the SDcard. And apps that are high priority like security apps, basically apps that run at boot try then out on the SDcard see if they work properly, most likely they will.

And about the internal memory, to my knowledge all the smartphone are designed this way.

But if anyone knows of a Android phone with more storage for apps please let me know, I been wanting this since I bought my Nexus One almost a year ago.

And about the internal memory, to my knowledge all the smartphone are designed this way.

But if anyone knows of a Android phone with more storage for apps please let me know, I been wanting this since I bought my Nexus One almost a year ago.
    The Samsung Captivate comes with 16GB internal, as does the Sony X10, just to name a couple.

That is the reason why I am so disappointed with the storage on the N1.

My friend has a Captivate, and he was downloading anything and everything without any concern of running out. Me on the other hand, have to delete apps to install new ones.

If the N2 does not come out by Xmas, I might consider dropping this phone and getting a Desire.

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post

The Samsung Captivate comes with 16GB internal, as does the Sony X10, just to name a couple.

My friend has a Captivate, and he was downloading anything and everything without any concern of running out. Me on the other hand, have to delete apps to install new ones.

If the N2 does not come out by Xmas, I might consider dropping this phone and getting a Desire.
    You guys are lucky to get 220MB,
    I get 196MB only

Captivate has 2GB of usable internal memory only (about 4X more - it is a newer phone with Eclair OS btw - so no Move to SD... draw the logical conclusions pls)

Thats my $0.02 worth

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post

You guys are lucky to get 220MB,
    I get 196MB only

Captivate has 2GB of usable internal memory only (about 4X more - it is a newer phone with Eclair OS btw - so no Move to SD... draw the logical conclusions pls)

Thats my $0.02 worth

Cheers!
    what do you mean by usable cause my brother has a vibrant and there is no sign that there is only 2GB that are usable the only thing I see that says there is 2GB is the SD card so from where do you see that you can only use 2GB for apps.

Unhappy flash on sd??

There is a guide how to force apps to the SDcard without rooting link.

This is what I did to save apps like Adobe Flash Player 10.1 to the SDcard. Just remember if you want to use the widget from an app don't install it on the SDcard, but if you don't need the widget install it to the SDcard. And apps that are high priority like security apps, basically apps that run at boot try then out on the SDcard see if they work properly, most likely they will.
    The guide only changes the default app location if the app supports it. If you are able to get flash to the SD without root/custom rom, I would be very interested. I followed the guide and reinstalled flash and it is not on the SD. It also states my experience in the comments of the guide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links