Camera Ceased To Function

This is a discussion on Camera Ceased To Function within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone, new member here. I just came in because my phone camera decided not to work. I apologize if this problem has already been ...

Thread: Camera Ceased To Function

Exclamation Camera Ceased To Function

Hi everyone, new member here. I just came in because my phone camera decided not to work. I apologize if this problem has already been solved. If it has, kindly point me to the thread or site that has resolved the issue.

My phone specs are:
    Google Nexus One (unrooted)
    Android version 2.2.1
    Build number FRG83D

It has not been dropped or caused physical damage recently. The last time the camera was working was 2 days ago (Thanksgiving party). I didn't use it yesterday. I am currently able to access the photos that are already in the gallery, but every time I try to access the camera via Camera, Gallery or Handcent SMS, I get this:

http://imgur.com/v7W5r.png

I have tried restarting, clearing the Camera cache, force quitting the Camera, and so far nothing has worked. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried a Factory Data Reset?

You will lose everything you dont backup but its worth a shot IMO.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

thanks for the quick reply. One question, how do I know it's properly backed up on to Google? I'm not quite sure I ticked the backup selection when I first turned my phone on. Thanks.

EDIT: It's working again! I did a hard reset. Thanks!

The problem occurred again and I have discovered the culprit. So here's a little FYI for those who might stumble upon this problem in these forums:

The cause is the latest update of Extended Controls by Honolulu Team. Activating the Torch function via Widgets screws up the Camera app. To get the Camera working again, navigate to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Extended Controls>Force Stop then the Camera will work fine. Camera will keep getting an error every time the Torch function is used. I'll inform the development team about it

The new update for Extended Controls app has made my camera to stop working. The developer is working on a fix as we speak..

update.
    I didn't realize that it has been solve.

Thank you. Yes, I found it too. They're saying to just wait for the update to download as they have resolved the issue.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by quadfours View Post
    The problem occurred again and I have discovered the culprit. So here's a little FYI for those who might stumble upon this problem in these forums:

The cause is the latest update of Extended Controls by Honolulu Team. Activating the Torch function via Widgets screws up the Camera app. To get the Camera working again, navigate to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Extended Controls>Force Stop then the Camera will work fine. Camera will keep getting an error every time the Torch function is used. I'll inform the development team about it
    Thank you so much!

I'm having camera/vid issues since a factory reset frg83d on an updated N1. Extended controls doesn't show up in apps though.
    Should I clear data on the camera app, or would that further damage the app function? Is it under another name or is there a workaround? Thanks for any light you may be able to shed.

Who says we cannot interact among, our readers to solve simple operational tasks asked in non- programmetry language to solve simplistic english (evolved) language terms with successeful outcomes? YOU??

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links