bricked n1?

This is a discussion on bricked n1? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I managed to screw up my phone in two days flat it's my first android, coming from blackberry phones where I used to install hybrid ...

Thread: bricked n1?

bricked n1?

I managed to screw up my phone in two days flat

it's my first android, coming from blackberry phones where I used to install hybrid os and stuff like that.

So what I have right now is a phone that shows the :nexusx: when I turn it on, but after that the screen stays lit but black, the ''back, menu, home, search'' icons vibrate when I touch them but nothing shows on screen.

How I got there
    I rooted the phone with the one button root app, the one that doesn't void the warraty haha
    I tried to do a backup with titanium (nandroid is completely differrent?) but it wasn't working.
    said to myself what the hell I have nothing on the phone

So with rom manager I installed cyanogen mod 6.1 rc2 and it was working well!
    It even fixed the issue I had with tunein that caused it to stop playing music as soon as the screen locks.

I fiddled with some of the settings, nothing too fancy and I noticed I had issues with the network as it wasn't going on 3g at all (no indication) and the net wasn't working. Also the camera wasn't recording, or at least it was crashing before saving the video.

I tried to update the radio via fasboot with android sdk (am I doing it wrong?)
    It was connecting, sending the file and all, but always returned the verification with a fail.

then I said fudge it and thought it would be easy to downgrade to cyanogen mod 6.0 but just downloading it (probably the deal breaker here ?) and then **** just got real..

tried clearing memory or something in the same menu as fasboot to no avail...

tried to install a stock rom via fastboot too but it did the same as the radio (fail)

So I'd like to know if there are options I haven't tried yet, being a noob I surely have missed something somewhere

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you get into recovery? If so just flash cm6 from there.

Yes, if you can get into recovery you are not bricked. Flashing radios, however is the one way to brick your phone. I came from BB also. But spent a month with the phone and studied/researched for dozens of hours beofre doing what you did.

The first thing you should have done after rooting and installing Rom Mgr was to do a nandroid (backup of all of phone like a full image pc backup) by booting into clockworkmod recovery thru rom mgr and selecting backup.

If you can't get to recovery the normal way--hold down pwr/vol-/trackball at same time until you get it to boot into bootloader, 3 androids on bottom of screen. Then navigate to recovery and select it. You should then be in recovery and hopefully have backup to restore. If not, dl a rom to your pc and while in recovery, mount phone and transfer the rom to phone, then install it.

Be sure to read the op pages on these roms for install instructions and how to handle a2sd. You may need to make an ext3 sdext.

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Fastboot only works if you unlock the bootloader. If you don't want to unlock the bootloader, you're stuck with adb and/or custom recovery...

Blank screen - you probably have an SLCD screen, and flashed an older (non SLCD) ROM. Looks like you've worked out that flashing a different ROM will fix...

When you flash a new ROM, wipe dalvik and cache from recovery. That should stop the funky errors you're getting with the camera, etc...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Fastboot only works if you unlock the bootloader. If you don't want to unlock the bootloader, you're stuck with adb and/or custom recovery...

Correct:

I missed that on his post danger-rat, thanks
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links