N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

This is a discussion on N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Vivek, have you tried twiddling with the trackball while booting like this? Originally Posted by aseems Well Old friends and New Acquaintances, My N1, (which ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

Vivek, have you tried twiddling with the trackball while booting like this?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Well Old friends and New Acquaintances,

My N1, (which kept booting into FAST BOOT) or if Lucky "SafeMode" (those of you who want to see the safe mode, just press the track ball after the startup X appears, till the animation starts)

As i had promised, I write this post in Honour and tribute to my Friend, SliceBurgSlim, who helped me figure out,

As i was afraid like the mechanical mice of old, when we got the ball dirty... we had to open the bottom remove the ball and scrap away the gunk on the rollers inside.,....

There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do it for the track ball.... so with my obsession for maintaining my N1 at optimal performance, my habit of cleaning the track ball had lead to the Trackball membrane of my N1 getting damaged,

When i managed to get some bandwidth from my old friend SliceBurgSlim and explained the symptoms, he nonchalantly surmised "Lol hell naw ...A quick search revealed that it might have something to do with your trackball membrane"

And that was it!

I kept twiddling with the trackball, while it was booting up a couple of time until it booted up correctly (out of Safe Mode)

Now the trackball seems to be working at about 80%, and i have avoided switching off my N1, on a daily basis (which i used to do, to clean it)

Moral - There is such a thing as being TOO CAREFUL (& Overly Protective)

Thank you All

and SliceBurgSlim with Gratitude
    Try the "three finger salute" and 'clear storage' from the HBOOT menu... This will factory reset your phone

Search through our nexus one forum for details

Hope this helps, if not

You'll need to give us more information for us to help... How you got here... what were you trying to do ? Did you install any app recently that could cause this? Are you rooted?

Praying for your N1's speedy recovery

N1 Stuck with X

Vivek, have you tried twiddling with the trackball while booting like this?

Well Old friends and New Acquaintances,

My N1, (which kept booting into FAST BOOT) or if Lucky "SafeMode" (those of you who want to see the safe mode, just press the track ball after the startup X appears, till the animation starts)

As i had promised, I write this post in Honour and tribute to my Friend, SliceBurgSlim, who helped me figure out,

As i was afraid like the mechanical mice of old, when we got the ball dirty... we had to open the bottom remove the ball and scrap away the gunk on the rollers inside.,....

There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do it for the track ball.... so with my obsession for maintaining my N1 at optimal performance, my habit of cleaning the track ball had lead to the Trackball membrane of my N1 getting damaged,

When i managed to get some bandwidth from my old friend SliceBurgSlim and explained the symptoms, he nonchalantly surmised "Lol hell naw ...A quick search revealed that it might have something to do with your trackball membrane"

And that was it!

I kept twiddling with the trackball, while it was booting up a couple of time until it booted up correctly (out of Safe Mode)

Now the trackball seems to be working at about 80%, and i have avoided switching off my N1, on a daily basis (which i used to do, to clean it)

Moral - There is such a thing as being TOO CAREFUL (& Overly Protective)

Thank you All

and SliceBurgSlim with Gratitude
    Try the "three finger salute" and 'clear storage' from the HBOOT menu... This will factory reset your phone

Search through our nexus one forum for details

Hope this helps, if not

You'll need to give us more information for us to help... How you got here... what were you trying to do ? Did you install any app recently that could cause this? Are you rooted?

Praying for your N1's speedy recovery
    Hi Aseems,

Thanks for the reply, let me explain.. my battery died...i plugged in for charging..after sometime i turned it on and installed winap application.. let it for charging through out the night... after i woke up i saw 'X' on my screen.. i tried removing my batter and turning it on... again i see 'X' on my screen... i even tried clear storage, again same result..

No, i think itz not rooted..

please help!!

Are you on Vodafone, or one of the other carriers that got an update over the air?

Can you get into bootloader (power off, then hold volume down when powering up)?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Are you on Vodafone, or one of the other carriers that got an update over the air?

Can you get into bootloader (power off, then hold volume down when powering up)?

I can get into bootloader... what should i do..

Quote Originally Posted by viveksk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post

I can get into bootloader... what should i do..
    am with Airtel.. yes.. got update OTA..

Make a note of the HBOOT number, on the second line - may need it later...

The orange text on the boot screen tells you how to navigate, so you can try the following:

If you don't care about loosing data, then use the CLEAR STORAGE option, and see if that works. If you can't see the option, then pick the first option and you'll get a very similar screen with different options. The

If you'd rather not lose data, then we can try just clearing cache, but it's less likely to work. Select RECOVERY, and see if there's a clear cache option somewhere (it's been a while since I've seen a stock recovery)

I dont want any data... i selected clear storage.. it shows reboot on 5 sec... again itz stuck with "X" screen.
    I had to pull the battery before i selected Fast boot and got to screen with these options

Bootloader
    Reboot
    Reboot bootloader
    Power down

which one should i select???

Select Bootloader, then recovery, and tell me what you see...

Even if i select recovery ...no options seen .... X screen pops..

Do you have a card reader for your PC?

What was the HBOOT version in the bootloader?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links