N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

This is a discussion on N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Dude Random21 It needs to be PASSIMG.zip not update.zip and I believe it will ask you in bootloader you don't need to ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    It needs to be PASSIMG.zip not update.zip and I believe it will ask you in bootloader you don't need to manualy go to recovery someone correct me if I'm wrong cause I personally have never done the PASSIMG method.
    dude i have flash with passimg file now i can access recovery menu..
    i have also downloaded the " 766a101ae02c.signed-passion-ota-60505.766a101a" and rename it to update.zip...
    but when i press apply sdcard update.zip it show me following error
    e:failed to varify whole file signature
    e:signature varification failed
    installation aborted
    what to do now?

Ok sorry I miss understood when you first said it. But judging from the error message it is exactly what it says you have a non Google singed zip which means that you have to do one of two things install a custom recovery (for this you will need root access) or find another .zip but one that is Google singed.

Exclamation its siged file but still error

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok sorry I miss understood when you first said it. But judging from the error message it is exactly what it says you have a non Google singed zip which means that you have to do one of two things install a custom recovery (for this you will need root access) or find another .zip but one that is Google singed.
    dude
    the file which i have download is already a singed file see the name of file " 766a101ae02c.signed-passion-ota-60505.766a101a" ...its singed file but still it gives me signature verification failed error...
    it is possible to root phone without turn it on because my phone stuck on 4 color X with unlock logo...so it is possible to root by bootloader mode?? if yes tell me

Well I know the name says it is a singed .zip but maybe the signature is not correct for some reason. And yes you can root without booting into the full OS but no it is not from bootloader it is from fastboot also when your phone went like this was usb debugging enabled?

Talking

hey friends my problem solved
    i just erase catche and erase userdata...and reboot phone ans wait for 5min...
    now phone works fine...thank you for help..
    but my phone now shows Korean or Chinese language...how to change its language??

Go to settings-> language and keyboard (this will have an square with an "A" in it as an image and is the 10th item from the top) -> select language (this is the first option on the top then look for the language you want in the list that shows up.

...our just do the passimg with the first file again.
    Why did you flash the update?
    What are you trying to achieve?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out what he did to make his phone do that because nothing that the standard user should be doing can cause the phone to get the endless :nexusx: thing :confused:

Probably a corrupt database, or something... Could be caused by pulling the battery, or crashing while installing something, etc...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links