N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

This is a discussion on N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been up against the internal storage limit warning on my N1 for a while. It has been just under the warning limit for a ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

Unhappy N1 won't boot; trying to avoid full reset

I've been up against the internal storage limit warning on my N1 for a while. It has been just under the warning limit for a while. Yesterday I noticed that it had come back on without me installing anything. I figured there was just some additional data. Today I got a notification that Amazon MP3 had stopped. (My first thought was "woohoo!".) In clearing the notification I accidentally went to the AmazonMP3 update in the Market. I noticed that one of the changes was that you could set it to not be always on, so I decided to try and update it. I got a "you don't have enough storage" dialog, which I've never seen before. Then other apps started crashing constantly: LauncherPro, Calendar Storage, something else pretty basic. I tried to get into Settings to uninstall something, but Settings kept crashing before I could get anywhere. So I powered down (by long-press of the power button and selecting "Power Off"), hoping that a reboot would clear out the memory enough for me to be able to delete something.

Now when I power on, I get the X logo, then the animation. When the animation has displayed long enough for me to think that it's about ready to start the Launcher app, it goes black and starts the animation over again, at which point the animation crashes during the second iteration, before it speeds up, and that just keeps repeating.

I can get into HBOOT, but I'm not really sure what I can do from this point. Selecting "RECOVERY" just gets me a picture of an android with an exclamation mark.

I imagine that I can "CLEAR STORAGE", but I'd like to avoid that, if possible. Can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unhappy My Phone is Bricked

I HAVE THE EXACT PROBLEM

I started getting this problem when i updated Dolphin Browser? HD - Android app on AppBrain to Version V4.1.0

In Addition
    After the Android White Screen of Death ( BOTH FastBoot and HBoot Versions) no hardware key works - and i have to battery pull

HBoot White Screen does three tests in green which are too fast to follow

Guys I Need your help on this one

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Im not sure what too do...
    Did you try calling htc? see what they say?

HTC is dead like my phone in India

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Post the problem here, and link the topic so i can follow it please

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Any news on the problem?

Need to know more about your phone...

Is your bootloader unlocked?
    Are you rooted?
    Do you have USB debugging enabled?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

My dear Friends,

The Dark Lord Emperor Slice diagnosed the problem

My trackball membrane got shot ...

The phone detects it as always depressed (pun intended)

I've been able to start it up, but I don't have the POWER BUTTON issue ... this is almost as bad

I'm not rooted, and Slice informed me that rooting not gonna solve a hardware issue

So I'm stuck with my phone permanently on

But IT'S WORKING!

Well that is semi nice to hear nice cause your phone is not dead but not so nice cause you still have a hardware issue and no help from htc. You know I bet you could find replacement parts and fix it yourself I don`t know how techy you are as far as hardware but this is an option. Another would be to bring it to a 3rd party repair shop I don`t know what options you have for that in India but I`m just exploring your options.

If this is helpful to you then you’re welcome if not then your last option is to live with you dead trackball membrane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well that is semi nice to hear nice cause your phone is not dead but not so nice cause you still have a hardware issue and no help from htc. You know I bet you could find replacement parts and fix it yourself I don`t know how techy you are as far as hardware but this is an option. Another would be to bring it to a 3rd party repair shop I don`t know what options you have for that in India but I`m just exploring your options.

If this is helpful to you then you’re welcome if not then your last option is to live with you dead trackball membrane.
    Dude! Like shakespeare would say... Thou pierce my heart and wound me with thy words, fie, has our kinship come to this, that thou dost doubt my love for my brother?

Thank you always for your advice... My track ball will need replacement but Darth Slice has worked some black magic and it is 80% functional

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links