Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones

This is a discussion on Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; You might check that you don't have your phone working via "headphones" only. I downloaded an app for music and headphones have to be manually ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones

Can't hear - happened to me once also

You might check that you don't have your phone working via "headphones" only. I downloaded an app for music and headphones have to be manually disabled or my phone won't ring where I can hear it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by silly me View Post
    You might check that you don't have your phone working via "headphones" only. I downloaded an app for music and headphones have to be manually disabled or my phone won't ring where I can hear it.
    Hi thanks for your comment. Could you tell me how you can enable/disable that option so the phone doesn't work via headphones only??
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ejmac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Well that is one of the flaw of (stock) Nexus One. Everyone experienced it. I don't know much about any workaround in stock (sorry) but the problem solved after I rooted and flashed a good kernel with enhanched audio.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me how you rooted and flashed a kernel? My kernel is 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d.
    Cheers
    Perhap you should try other options that our fellow forummers posted first before rooting. Maybe it'll work better. After all, rooting just to get a louder volume is probably not worth it.

While we all knew that Nexus One came with this annoying low-volume problem, maybe you got a different problem (e.g. motherboard). Have you tried other Nexus One (stock) and compare the volume level?

"You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    After all, rooting just to get a louder volume is probably not worth it.
    Maybe not but for now that is all he wants to do after he is rooted he will find other thing to do with root that will make it worth it. But joking aside f0ul is right you should try other options before you root your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ejmac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silly me View Post
    Hi thanks for your comment. Could you tell me how you can enable/disable that option so the phone doesn't work via headphones only??
    Cheers
    Hi, I have only has this problem when using the app Power AMP Music Player....... don't know if other apps might also do the same. Native app does not hang up the headphones. In this case what I had to do was go to setting/applications/running services and click on "Headset Micro Service" to turn it off. Someone here might know of a way to keep from happening but at least now I know "why" my N1 does this

Same problem here - earpiece not working

Hi ejmac:

Iím having the same problem as you. Two days ago the earpiece of my Nexus One stopped working. I can only hear the other side on a call if I use a headset or the speakerphone feature. I have the phone for 10 months now and it worked perfectly before this happened.

After some quick research around Internet forums,I found that this isnít really a common problem but has happened to other people, but these forum posts donít actually describe how the problem was solved (maybe they really werenít solved):
    Nexus One - ear piece makes no sound - Google Mobile Help
    I can't hear anything from my nexus one earpiece - Android Help
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...eadphones.html
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...hone-only.html
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t-working.html

This fellow here actually replaced the earpiece himself:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...placement.html

The reason Iím posting here is to ask you how your problem was solved. Iím trying to rule out any potential software solutions that I could try before assuming that the problem is hardware related. Based on my initial troubleshooting, it really seems like a hardware problem, but I still have hope there may be a software fix.

Do you have any tips or recommendations?

Thanks!

My N1 has been acting strange lately. Sluggish, unresponsitve screen and wifi doesn't work at times even when it is connected. Today my phone started having the same problem that OP has. Anyone find a solution to this?

yes i noticed this as well that my phone was being a bit sluggish and ran very hot but then i reflashed the stock FRG33 rom and then it OTA updated now it is perfectly fine and running very fast and cool even though i have installed even more applications then before...

other than that the CM7 mod actually made a significant increase in the ear piece's volume but still i prefer the stock rom because it is bug free and no call drop problems... other than this rooting your phone will definitely give you way more features then you would get ever on your stock phone...

Hi all

I also have these problems. First thing I did after buying the N1, was of course rooting. So any warranty has been voided since day one.

Some weeks ago, all of a sudden my ear speaker volume was low. Very low. I can hear something, but it's impossible to have a conversation if there's any other sound in the room what so ever.
    Now, I have replaced the speaker with a new one, but the problem's still there.

As this phone was never officially released in Norway, the closest HTC service center for the Nexus One, would be the UK. And as the phone's both rooted and the warranty seal is broken, I really can't imagine they would be too helpful anyway ...

I really want to keep my phone, so ANY tips would be appreciated.

All the volumes are turned to max.

Running Gingerbread, build GRI40.

Perhaps there could be a kernel hack or something? Or could there be any other hardware fault? Sounds a bit strange, but I am open for any suggestion here ...

Don't suppose you're using Darktremors beta, are you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links