Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones

This is a discussion on Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I got my Google Nexus One only a few days ago and the first issue I found is the following. I cannot hear ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones

Exclamation Google Nexus One. Cannot hear the person on a call unless using Speaker or Headphones

Hi all,

I got my Google Nexus One only a few days ago and the first issue I found is the following. I cannot hear the other person when placing/answering a call unless I plug in the headphones or enable the speaker. I have to remark that the other person can hear me perfectly. I have made sure the volume of my phone is all the way up before the call and I have also tried to switch the Mute and Speaker options a few times with no luck. I have even reset the phone but the issue still occurs.

I would like to know whether there is somebody who has the same problem as me or can suggest a fix/workaround for this issue.

Here are the details of my phone:
    Device: Google Nexus One
    Carrier: Vodafone
    Country / Language: Spain
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well that is one of the flaw of (stock) Nexus One. Everyone experienced it. I don't know much about any workaround in stock (sorry) but the problem solved after I rooted and flashed a good kernel with enhanched audio.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

One did you try changing the volume in the call cause there are 3 different volumes on android ringer, media and call so if your ringer is at max doesn`t mean that your call is at max (know that you probably know this but if you don`t then I am just exploring all possibilities). Another possibility is that your phones front speaker is broken if you got it new this is probably not it but used it is possible. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this cause other than in a call I don`t think that speaker is used. But if you can somehow make sure this is your issue here is a thread on where you could get a replacement and you could ask how he replaced his http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...placement.html

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Well that is one of the flaw of (stock) Nexus One. Everyone experienced it. I don't know much about any workaround in stock (sorry) but the problem solved after I rooted and flashed a good kernel with enhanched audio.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me how you rooted and flashed a kernel? My kernel is 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d.
    Cheers

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    One did you try changing the volume in the call cause there are 3 different volumes on android ringer, media and call so if your ringer is at max doesn`t mean that your call is at max (know that you probably know this but if you don`t then I am just exploring all possibilities). Another possibility is that your phones front speaker is broken if you got it new this is probably not it but used it is possible. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this cause other than in a call I don`t think that speaker is used. But if you can somehow make sure this is your issue here is a thread on where you could get a replacement and you could ask how he replaced his http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...placement.html
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried changing all the volumes (media, ring, call...). As for the front speaker replacement, I would ask for a phone replacement rather than changing parts myself now that I'm within warranty. Do you know who I need to ask for a phone replacement, the carrier, Google or HTC?
    Cheers

Call HTC, they will replace it.

I did have that problem once. Turning the phone on and off fixed it. If you have done that, it sounds like your speaker is broken.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Call HTC, they will replace it.

I did have that problem once. Turning the phone on and off fixed it. If you have done that, it sounds like your speaker is broken.
    Hi,thanks for that. I have just been offered a fix by HTC, should i claim for a replacement instead as the phone is still under warranty?

I'm not sure what you mean by a fix. When I've called HTC for problems with my phone (twice), they offered either for me to send it in to be fixed, or they send me a replacement next day shipping, and I send my phone back to them when I get the replacement.

I chose replacement both times, and it worked out fine (except that the first replacement ended up having the power button problem within a few weeks of getting it, but they replaced it no problem).

Of course there is the caveat that if they deem the problem as being outside a warranty replacement, you'll have to pay a charge for the fix whether you choose fix or replacement. But I had no issue either time. The first problem was a broken wireless chip, the second was the power button issue.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by a fix. When I've called HTC for problems with my phone (twice), they offered either for me to send it in to be fixed, or they send me a replacement next day shipping, and I send my phone back to them when I get the replacement.

I chose replacement both times, and it worked out fine (except that the first replacement ended up having the power button problem within a few weeks of getting it, but they replaced it no problem).

Of course there is the caveat that if they deem the problem as being outside a warranty replacement, you'll have to pay a charge for the fix whether you choose fix or replacement. But I had no issue either time. The first problem was a broken wireless chip, the second was the power button issue.
    I meant they offered for me to send the phone to the repair department. I have just asked them if I can get a replacement as the phone is still under warranty, I'll come back once they reply. Furthermore, since I got the phone through Vodafone, I called 123 and they told me I need to go to a Vodafone shop so they can verify it needs to be fixed or replaced (I'll go there tomorrow first thing).

When you said you didn't send your phone until you got the replacement, was that replacement a new phone of exactly the same make and model? (or just a common phone you can make calls with until they fixed your phone?)

Thanks

The replacement is a new nexus one (well new isn`t really the word because it is not new it is refurbished but you get what I mean) it will be the same version of the phone to (t-mo or at&t).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links