Android Market Vanished

This is a discussion on Android Market Vanished within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My Android Market suddenly disappeared. I haven't done anything with my phone (although did get the Froyo 2.2.1 OTA update more than a week ago), ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Market Vanished

Android Market Vanished

My Android Market suddenly disappeared. I haven't done anything with my phone (although did get the Froyo 2.2.1 OTA update more than a week ago), but when I tried to open the Android Market from the shortcut app, I got the "Application is not installed on your phone."

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I'm more than willing to restore my phone to its original state, but to be honest, I'm not even sure how to go about doing that.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First click on this link from your Nexus One and tell me what it does

link to the Android Market

If it asks you if you want to open in the browser or the market, pick the Android Market. You may want to set the Android Market as the default by checking the box below.

We need to try this first because the Android Market is going through a upgrade as we speak. I think you have a shortcut on your desktop and since the Android Market was upgrade this shortcut may become unlinked to the app.

If my theory is correct just put another Android Market shortcut to your desktop.

Thanks for the advice, lionsson.

When I click the link it my phone, I'm not given an open what to open it with. It automatically opens in the browser and says "Web page not available." Also when I look under applications from "Manage Applications" in my Settings, I don't see my Market anymore.

Possibly unrelated, but over the past few months, this has happened numerous times with Maps. My Google Maps has deleted-itself spontaneously. Of course it has been easy to re-install from the Market, and I wouldn't do anything to prompt that either. I use my phone very "lighly", for phone calls, email, text, and maybe up to 5 apps per day.

When you looked for the Market app under Manage Applications, did you check the all tab. Most likely you did but I have to make sure.

Yes, I looked under "All." The "Market Updater (0.00B) is there, but not the actual Market app.

Mine has updated already
    They've added a "related" tab after details and comments.... Naaice!

They don't call the lion the king for nothing

Hakuna Matata old friend

It seems your Android Market app is gone.

We have a couple more steps before we solve this problem, I need you to turn off your Nexus One and take the battery out for about 30 seconds, and turn it back on and see if that solve the problem. If you have already done this then skip to the next step.

Well it seems we have no choice but to restore to the factory setting.

First we need to make sure your sync to you Google account, go to Settings, Privacy, make sure Back up my data, and Automatic restore boxes are check.

Next go to Settings, Account & sync, Select you default email account, and make sure all the boxes are checked (Contacts, G mail, Picasa, Calendar) now select the menu softkey on the bottom and select Sync now

Now that you are sync it's time to restore. Go to Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset, Reset phone, and erase everything.

Note some personal data may be lost like apps login credentials, settings of downloaded app, text messages, and your call logs.

@aseems
    Hakuna Matata to you too old friend

Once you phone boots you will see the little Android. We may have to take a different approach If this doesn't fix the problem, so you don't need to login to your Google account right now just skip this settings.

Once your phone boots to the lock screen check and see if the Android Market is in the all list under Manage Applications.

Don't worry alwashdc we will have this fix by the end of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links