FRG83D fails

This is a discussion on FRG83D fails within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by danger-rat Menu> settings> about phone (scroll to bottom) Tell me build, baseband, and kernel Turn phone off. Hold volume down, while powering ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FRG83D fails

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Menu> settings> about phone (scroll to bottom)
    Tell me build, baseband, and kernel

Turn phone off. Hold volume down, while powering on.
    White screen with 3 skateboarding androids.
    Hboot is listed on 2nd line.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Build: FRF91
    Baseband: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d
    android-build@apa26 #1

Hboot-0.35.0017

You have Vodafone as a carrier?

No, is that what Baseband tells you?

I'm on Fido (Rogers) in Canada which is also what the previous owner of this phone was on.

Just guessing, because the kernel looks different...

Take a look at these:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798602

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859480

Quote Originally Posted by martron View Post

I'm on Fido (Rogers) in Canada which is also what the previous owner of this phone was on.
    Wow Fido really I thought I was the only one on this forum on Fido. Or even the only one of Fido with a nexus one for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

Wow Fido really I thought I was the only one on this forum on Fido. Or even the only one of Fido with a nexus one for that matter.
    Dude! Random!

Dude! Random!
    I know it was random and nice pun but its just cause Fido is not a very popular provider so there are not allot of people on it and you are the first on this forum I have seen on Fido. And I think you know here in Canada android phones are not very common so there are not allot of people that have them and the nexus one was sold here what a month so it just surprised me sorry if it was to random for you but I just said what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Just guessing, because the kernel looks different...

Take a look at these:
    move from Vodafone firmware to original Google firmware - xda-developers

How to Change carrier specific (Videotron) firmware to original Google firmware? - xda-developers

So trying to install the FRG33 from move from Vodafone firmware to original Google firmware - xda-developers unrooted didn't work for some reason. It just never gave me the option for "yes to install?" in the bootloader. So I searched around a bunch more and found a build for EPE76 that did work. Of course now I've figured out this wasn't a really good idea. I thought it would just receive OTA updates to get this phone back to a stock FroYo but it seems that there isn't an upgrade path from that build.

As a new Android owner I'm just getting more and more confused. How do I make my phone just plain old stock firmware and with the most current official update? Anytime I try links for official updates they lead to 404 pages on http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/ . Any ideas on where I can find the right current stock build?

Also, somehow google didn't back up my settings even though I asked it to (I did a factory reset first to see if that would have helped the original update work). Is my info still in the cloud or did it just somehow mysteriously disappear?

Dude! Random!
    I know it was random and nice pun but its just cause Fido is not a very popular provider so there are not allot of people on it and you are the first on this forum I have seen on Fido. And I think you know here in Canada android phones are not very common so there are not allot of people that have them and the nexus one was sold here what a month so it just surprised me sorry if it was to random for you but I just said what I was thinking.
    Oh I was just playing with your name. Meant to be interpreted in a Bill & Ted "Dude, awesome!" kind of way.

Dude! Random!
    Oh I was just playing with your name. Meant to be interpreted in a Bill & Ted "Dude, awesome!" kind of way.
    Oh ok I guess I just miss understood the way you were saying it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links