FRG83D fails

This is a discussion on FRG83D fails within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi All, I'm a new Nexus One owner and not completely familiar with it yet. I bought the phone used last week and it had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FRG83D fails

FRG83D fails

Hi All,

I'm a new Nexus One owner and not completely familiar with it yet. I bought the phone used last week and it had been reset with a factory reset.

Over this time I have been repeatedly asked by the phone to install a system update (FRG83D) which is all good. However, each time I do the phone reboots, begins the install process then hangs at the exclamation point triangle screen.

Any ideas what's causing this? Should I just ignore this update for a while? The phone is currently running FRF91. Of course, I don't really know what these revision numbers mean.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well for starters welcome to the forum glad to have you aboard

I would like to know if you are rooted. Also if I were you I would not worry to much about the update if we can`t find a cure now cause gingerbread is on its way. Now could you tell me exactly what happens when you try and update the phone turns off starts up again and then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well for starters welcome to the forum glad to have you aboard

I would like to know if you are rooted. Also if I were you I would not worry to much about the update if we can`t find a cure now cause gingerbread is on its way. Now could you tell me exactly what happens when you try and update the phone turns off starts up again and then what?
    The phone has never been rooted. It's running stock android.

While it's starting up it shows an updating bar for a few seconds and then the exclamation point screen comes up and it just hangs on that.

When it hangs I have to take the battery out in order to get it to boot again properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Also if I were you I would not worry to much about the update if we can`t find a cure now cause gingerbread is on its way.
    I have heard that the FRG83D update sets up the N1 so it can accept the gingerbread OTA update.

Ya I have heard that to but personally don`t think it will be a big deal cause when the gingerbread update comes out it will just update you to frg83D then to gingerbread (whatever build number that will be) and it will likely work by then but I would like to try and figure out what to do to make it work before but can`t think of much so maybe someone else will be able to help you more.

Are there system logs I can check out to help diagnose the problem? WouldI need root access? I'm familiar with linux etc so I'm not afraid to experiment.

I believe the first part of the FRG83D update installs the 0.35 hboot, so that the rest of the update can install.

Which hboot version do you have?

Do you have a carrier release ROM, or Google stock?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I believe the first part of the FRG83D update installs the 0.35 hboot, so that the rest of the update can install.

Which hboot version do you have?

Do you have a carrier release ROM, or Google stock?

Where would I find the hboot version? Also I have no idea if this is a carrier release but if imagine it's google stock.the phone was originally bought from google and the guy I bought it from said he did a factory reset.

Menu> settings> about phone (scroll to bottom)
    Tell me build, baseband, and kernel

Turn phone off. Hold volume down, while powering on.
    White screen with 3 skateboarding androids.
    Hboot is listed on 2nd line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links