Something trembles inside when shaking my Nexus One

This is a discussion on Something trembles inside when shaking my Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, I've purchased my Nexus One about two weeks ago, but now I started to notice a tiny tremble sound when I shake my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something trembles inside when shaking my Nexus One

Something trembles inside when shaking my Nexus One

Hi guys,

I've purchased my Nexus One about two weeks ago, but now I started to notice a tiny tremble sound when I shake my device, as if some tiny inside part was loose inside the telephone's body. My question is: is it ok, do you guys have the same issue, or maybe it's some sort of factory defect or something?

PS: I've looked under the battery cover, under the battery, nothing there. Tried to clench different parts of the phone with my fingers, but the sound's still there as if it's source was inside the telephone's body.

PPS: Sorry for the wrong board, just noticed that it's nexus s forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No this is not normal if I were you I would contact htc not much else you can do without voiding your warranty.

Moved to the appropriate forum.

isnt that the camera lens hitting the back plate?
    has been discussed a few times on this board

we all experience this

Doesn't seem to be camera issue. When I hold it and shake the phone it still rattling. Just looked through other forums, some say it could be accelerometer. But good thing to know I'm not alone with this.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    Doesn't seem to be camera issue. When I hold it and shake the phone it still rattling. Just look through other forums, some say it could be accelerometer. But good thing to know I'm not alone with this.
    Well if it is the accelerometer it's not normal so I would still go in for a fix cause this might cause you problems down the road.

I always thought it was the vibrator motor? mine has done that from day one when i got it in february. hasn't seemed to cause any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well if it is the accelerometer it's not normal so I would still go
    in for a fix cause this might cause you problems down the road.
    Well the bad thing here is I can't go to the htc representative because nexus one isn't officially sold in my country. I bought it via internet, of course I could buy desire, but I'm a big fan of google, that's why I've chosen nexus one. This rattling sound is not a big deal, I can live with it as long as it doesn't make any problems with the device functions. I just wanted to know whether there are any solutions of that problem, and what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well if it is the accelerometer it's not normal so I would still go
    in for a fix cause this might cause you problems down the road.
    Well the bad thing here is I can't go to the htc representative because nexus one isn't officially sold in my country. I bought it via internet, of course I could buy desire, but I'm a big fan of google, that's why I've chosen nexus one. This rattling sound is not a big deal, I can live with it as long as it doesn't make any problems with the device functions. I just wanted to know whether there are any solutions of that problem, and what causes it.
    I am not aware of this as a comen issue so I don't think it's going to cause you any serius problems in the future.

I don't think the Nexus1 has an accelerometer, sounds like the vibrator motor making the noise.
    If you have ever opened up a fone all the vibrator is is 2 small weights being spun round

O-.-O spins round the dot in the middle

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links