apps keep saying "installing" help needed! Thanks

This is a discussion on apps keep saying "installing" help needed! Thanks within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I need some serious help asap. I had a 8gb sd card for the past 6 or 7 months running different roms from Cyanogen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apps keep saying "installing" help needed! Thanks

apps keep saying "installing" help needed! Thanks

Hello, I need some serious help asap.

I had a 8gb sd card for the past 6 or 7 months running different roms from Cyanogen to Rodriguez, I've been using Rod'z roms for the past couple of months. A few weeks ago, apps from market stopped installing. They would download 100% then it will say "installing" forever. I bought a 16gb sd card and i'm unsure about the numbers to partition. A kind guy at xda told me

"
    You want 512mb/ext3/no swap, not 32mb

If all worked ok before new card I would--

- backup SD Card
    - Format SD Card with "SD Formatter" in a Card reader (FULL erase ON & NEW Size Adjustment ON). You can get it on web. It puts card to original condition.
    - create ext3 with above specs. Amon will do that. Rom Mgr seems to do only ext2, however you can verify that with Mini Partition Tool Wizard from web.
    -I did ext 2 thru Rom Mgr then used Amon to convert to ext3. Converting 2 to 3 did not wipe sdcard, but making partition will.
    - put the backup back to SD

Of course you want USB Debugging enabled and Unknown Sources enable to do all this stuff. May not matter on just a Market app, but have them enabled anyway

Then follow instructions on OP page, if any, to move apps to sdcard. Or, see Dark Tremor web site.

I don't normally put Dalvik on sd, just cache."

So I formatted with sd formatter, then booted to Amon recovery to partition, the first thing I did was 0 swap (none), then for ext2 512mb, then remainder FAT32, did I enter everything correctly?

I wiped everything and flashed rod'z latest rom, the first thing I attempted to do was restore all my data with mybackuppro, it wont even let me install one application, i can't install anything from market or anything.................It keeps saying installing, i'm so confused.

Right now in settings it says

Total space

14.35gb

Available space 9.64

A2sd

total 457mb

available 413mb

135mb of Internal Memory

I've been rooted for months but never had this problem and I don't really know anything about apps to sd, the numbers to partion (ext2, ext3, etc..)i don't know what dalvik is, etc......While looking for an answer for my problem i've read some people say move dalvik to sd, I don't know how to do that, I have wiped dalvik, cache, and everything else I saw, lol.

But as I said I wiped everything, flashed rod'z latest rom and can't even install 1 application from market, the only things installed are the apps that came with rod'z rom.

Thanks for your help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like you did everything right...

Personally, I don't think darktremors is that useful with moving apps to your SD. You can already move apps to SD, and I found that I got better results using Titanium backup to move apps.

Apps to SD isn't a great solution, since it only moves part of the app and data, so you still run out of space, anyway...

For me, the best use of darktremors is the ability to move dalvik. The cache partition reserves about 90 meg of space to stage OTA updates, but with a custom ROM you don't get OTA updates, so that space is wasted. If your dalvik is around say 80 meg, it can be moved to cache, and give you 80 megs more to play with...

Still sounds like you might have a dodgy install though, so the first thing I recommend is doing a fresh install (wipe data, cache, and dalvik). Just install ROM and gapps, then boot the phone, and see how much space you have. Then change your partition from ext2 to ext3, install darktremors, boot and see how much space you have... I know Rod's MIUI is pretty big, but it still shouldn't be that big...

Report back with numbers, and we'll take it from there...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thanks Danger, but i don't see an app on market or xda called dark tremors, how do I move ext2 to ext3? Also I wish you were right on just a faulty install but I've tried 3 different roms and the same problem continues to exist. This problem has went on for nearly a month. I'm just actually getting some time to try and deal with it and also there's some nice apps that I want to install but can't because I can't install any apps. The problem started with my old 8gb sd, now its rolled over to this brand new 16gb sd. Thanks

Move ext2 to ext3 using Amon Ra recovery, as last time.

Darktremors is a script that is installed as a flashable zip through recovery:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Move ext2 to ext3 using Amon Ra recovery, as last time.

Darktremors is a script that is installed as a flashable zip through recovery:
    [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010) - xda-developers

thanks for all the help, I followed your instructions, unfortunately the only difference is internal memory instead 135mb its 136mb. I installed darktremors from the link you provided and know i can't go in settings to see sd card settings it forces close. Also how do I use darktremors, I don't see an icon for it in my apps.

I just went to market and can't get past the "installing" same with some apps on my sd card. This is getting so frustrating.

Sounds like your SD card may be messed up, but if this is the second card then it's gotta be something else?

Try doing a wipe and clean ROM install, forget about any apps to SD, and lets just see if we can get the phone working...

Check your PMs, I've sent you a file...

thanks so much for your help Danger! Unfortunately the file you sent, downloaded 100% but the same problem exist, once it downloaded I click on install and it just constantly says "installing" It brought up a problem I forgot to mention, this problem started occurring with my old 8gb rom and has carried on with this 16gb sd card. I can't uninstall any apps either, it constantly says "uninstalling" I try uninstall some widgets and paid apps but i wont uninstall anything.

You need to reboot into recovery right after repartitioning. Or there may be issues.

If you didn't do that, I would redo all and reboot into recovery before wiping/flashing anything.

Bu sd card first!

I did all mine thru Rom Mgr Paid version 2.5.0.7. It did an ext3 as confirmed by Mini Partition Tool Wizard.

1gb/zero swap

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2010 View Post
    thanks so much for your help Danger! Unfortunately the file you sent, downloaded 100% but the same problem exist, once it downloaded I click on install and it just constantly says "installing" It brought up a problem I forgot to mention, this problem started occurring with my old 8gb rom and has carried on with this 16gb sd card. I can't uninstall any apps either, it constantly says "uninstalling" I try uninstall some widgets and paid apps but i wont uninstall anything.
    Well, lets try a little experiment then. Use Root Explorer, and see if you can copy the apk from your SD to your /cache folder on the phone. See if it will install from there...

Did you do all the partitioning etc on your old 8g card, also?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2010 View Post
    Well, lets try a little experiment then. Use Root Explorer, and see if you can copy the apk from your SD to your /cache folder on the phone. See if it will install from there...

If it doesn't install, unmount the SD from settings, and try again...

Did you do all the partitioning etc on your old 8g card, also?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links