trying to copy my sd contents to pc

This is a discussion on trying to copy my sd contents to pc within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys sorry to bug you all again but this is a problem I have had in the past and it has risen it's annoying ...

Thread: trying to copy my sd contents to pc

trying to copy my sd contents to pc

Hey guys sorry to bug you all again but this is a problem I have had in the past and it has risen it's annoying head again. Now I have searched this on google and I am coming up short most threads are banging on about cameras etc there is the odd android one but when I look it is completely different situation etc...

What is happening is I am trying to copy the contents of my SD card to a backup folder on my pc but every time I try this it fails when it comes to the system.img files in my nandroid and clockworkmod backup files.

I have tried renaming them before copy without success.

I am wanting to do a clean wipe and partition before installing CM6. From what I see nearly everyone advocates copying your SD contents to your pc but this is doing my head in.

Anyone else had this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No need to apologise for asking a question that is what we are all here for.

Now what I would like to know is have you tried transferring the files without going through the phone I mean physically take the SD out and put it either in a card reader in your computer or in another devise (SD card reader would be preferable but if you don't have one what you gona do) to see it is your nexus one messing with you or if it has to do with the files themselves.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and to answer your question i have tried both methods. firstly going via phone and usb cable then via card reader.

I have technically managed to do the rom flashing that i wanted to do however before hand i would rather have had a full backup of my SD with the backup images.

I did manage to backup everything but i had to leave the clockworkmod folder out and the nandroid folder i managed after all. So all was not lost and i just went for it thinking what's the worst that could happen. I wasn't flashing a radio so was not much chance of a brick at the end of it lol.

It is more of a curiosity thing now as I cant seem to find any posts with similar experiences. Very odd indeed and it may well be that my card needed reformatting anyway and my windows 7 may well need that too lol.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links