Speaker stopped working for media but still does alarm and ringtone

This is a discussion on Speaker stopped working for media but still does alarm and ringtone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; A week ago, I had an issue where, if the wire on my headphones moved at att, the Nexus One would launch and switch between ...

Thread: Speaker stopped working for media but still does alarm and ringtone

Speaker stopped working for media but still does alarm and ringtone

A week ago, I had an issue where, if the wire on my headphones moved at att, the Nexus One would launch and switch between Google Listen and Meridian and randomly skip through songs/older unqued podcasts. I powered the phone off and one and uninstalled Meridian but the issues persisted and then just randomly stopped the following day.

However, now the external speaker no longer works when playing media files and playback does not automatically pause when I remove the headphones. I have tried another set of headphones but it makes no difference.

I have the OTA update to 2.2.1

If anyone had experienced a similar issue and has a way to fix it, I would be interested to find out.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would just factory reset if anything will fix it, it will be that. If not it's hardware.

Update

Yesterday I ran the battery down completely (the battery rand down to 15%, the phone switched off and I turned it back on and used it until it switched off again). Then it wouldnt charge. I left it on charge overnight and now the status light is fixed blue and the battery runs down really fast.

Have also identified that the earpiece no longer works for calls, but the speaker will workif I sawitch over to it after receiving/beginning a call.

Since I got the phone second hand I can't return it and some searching on the net indicates that this issue has come up for several people, especially after firmware updates, and sometimes it just rights itself randomly.

Any specific suggestions people have would be greatly appreciated.

Well did you try the factory reset? I think that would fix your problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links