remove superuser 2.2.1

This is a discussion on remove superuser 2.2.1 within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have talked about this before please search next time. Here is what you're looking for. This guide should get you back to stock image ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remove superuser 2.2.1

I have talked about this before please search next time.
    Here is what you're looking for.
    This guide should get you back to stock image without rooting or unlocking your bootloader.

This uses the passimg method, which I believe will not work on the 0.35 hboot that comes with FRG83D?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Trust me it work,
    I have tried so many images and this one worked when I was on FRG83D with, 0.35.

Some how this PASSING file Tricks the hboot into thinking it's installing an upgrade when in fact it's rolling back your hboot so you can install the stock image from Google's Servers.

There are so many different PASSING file out there just make sure you use the one on this guide and not one you previously downloaded from somewhere else.

Man just try it and thank me later.

Definable worth a try - can't hurt anything...

I don't see a big problem in this, I went through exactly the same: had universal root, and after 2.2.1 rooted via adb and now still have this icon. It does nothing and doesn't harm, so I don't really see a problem.

thanks all :-D. I installed the adb and completed the tasks in the below link:
    How to Root Android 2.2.1 (FRG83) on Google Nexus One? | Jaxov

This allowed me to install superuser again and use as I have done before ;-D.

I had the same issue before and cannot remove superuser. Basicly with this superuser, your N1 warranty is already void. The superuser app is stick with the ROM forever (the tech in HTC) told me. And the only way to take it off is change a new motherboard of your N1. I made up stupid reasons and made them do it for me for free while i still have warranty. I said my 3G connection sucks. They somehow changed the motherboard for me.

Hope this help.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    I had the same issue before and cannot remove superuser. Basicly with this superuser, your N1 warranty is already void. The superuser app is stick with the ROM forever (the tech in HTC) told me. And the only way to take it off is change a new motherboard of your N1. I made up stupid reasons and made them do it for me for free while i still have warranty. I said my 3G connection sucks. They somehow changed the motherboard for me.

Hope this help.
    I'm not saying that what you said is false but I think the guy at htc doesn't quite know what he is saying because that makes no sense the super user app is just part of root and you can remove it when you are rooted so you need to reroot and then get it off. Cause if it is removable before you update you can get it off after you update. Without changing hardware because the app is part of the software not the hardware.

+1
    Superuser is available in the market, so I can't see how it voids your warranty...??!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links