Bluetooth NOT working!

This is a discussion on Bluetooth NOT working! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Did anything come of this? I have the same issue, when I switch bluetooth on, it tries to start but switches itself off before it's ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth NOT working!

Did anything come of this? I have the same issue, when I switch bluetooth on, it tries to start but switches itself off before it's fully on.

If I reboot the phone, it work's fine but next time I want to use it, normally the next day perhaps, the problem re-appears. It's getting pretty annoying as I have to restart the phone every time I want to use Bluetooth!

I thought it was maybe a software bug, unfortunately my Nexus is out of warranty as I bought on release day!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Bluetooth Not working N1

On receipt of the N1 it did work (Bluetooth). In a few days it did not! I called support to find out what I can do. The ability to exchange to a REFURB unit is only available for US addresses ( i reside in Canada). As it happened I was in Houston two weeks later. Arranged to have refurb sent to and address I have in US. Picked it up and transferred all files/apps from broken unit.

All has worked fine. Phone I received looked new.

David

Yeah I'm starting to think this is definitely a hardware fault for a few reasons:

1) Hardly anyone else is having this issue
    2) I restored the official stock ROM to see if it was a software issue and it still happens
    3) It's getting worse, I can no longer restart the phone to fix. I have to pull the battery out and then restart the phone to get it to turn on at all.

I don't know what to do because my unit is out of warranty. Better contact support to see what price they quote me! I've been fighting temptation to get a Nexus S for so long, I love my Nexus One, I hope it's not too expensive to fix.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Bluetooth Not working N1

I hear you regarding loving the Nexus 1. As I said I have not had any problems with unit since getting a new one.
    Nexus 1 are selling for reduced price on WWW. If you find the cost to replace the main board (what I was told was wrong) prohibitive that me be a cheaper option.
    What I hear is the Nexus S is really not an improvement over all.

Good luck.

David

Well HTC Support UK said I had to send the phone for them to investigate, they cannot give a quotation of repair until they see the phone.

It will cost 22.00 (GBP) for them to give me a quotation if I decide I don't want it repaired. Suppose that's not too bad but they gave me no indication of how long it might take to fix. I think I might just put up with it, since the phone is out of warranty, I might just wait until July when I can get an upgrade.

Bluetooth Not working N1

I hope things work out OK.

David

Well I've been reading around at it appears that the member countries of the EU get a 2 year warranty period on Nexus One. Since I'm in the UK, I should be included.

I'm going to try my luck, as the bootloader is unlocked. However, loads of people have said they still honour warranty cases with the bootloader is unlocked if it's definitely a hardware fault. It if it was a software issue, then they could argue that the user had broken something due to unlocking the bootloader. However, my phone is working fine, I'm almost 99% certain that the fault is a hardware issue after hours of research!

Should be having the phone collected on Tuesday. Worst case scenario is that they won't repair under warranty and I have to pay 22 to get it back. At least if this is the case I will know exactly what the root cause of the fault is.

Bluetooth Not working N1

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck.

Just an un-eventful update. My phone was delivered to a HTC repair centre on Wednesday 6th. Still waiting for some news, the HTC repair tracking website just says 'We are testing your phone' every day since it was delivered on 6th!

I still don't know anything more but I don't want to pester them because as a service engineer myself, this is really annoying!

bluetooth Not working N1

Hope all works well.
    They diagnosed my N1 problem over the phone for mine and replaced board in less then 12 hours once it was in their hands. Agreed it only worked for a short time.
    Had to replace unit which still only took 4 days from receipt.

I would call. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links