Bluetooth NOT working!

This is a discussion on Bluetooth NOT working! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well still nothing from HTC so yesterday, I used the web chat support thing on their website. I enquired into the status, they simply told ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bluetooth NOT working!

Well still nothing from HTC so yesterday, I used the web chat support thing on their website. I enquired into the status, they simply told me the same thing as I can see on the HTC repair tracking website!

So I then said I wasn't satisfied with the response and I'd prefer to know exactly why it was taking so long. The response to this was "it arrived safely, it's been tested and now it's being repaired". Great..... Thanks HTC Support, how helpful!

Still waiting, think I'll be waiting for a long time to be honest! The UK is now on bank holiday until Tuesday 26th. Then we close again on Friday 29th for a Royal wedding and another bank holiday Monday meaning we don't open until May 3rd. That gives the repair centre Tuesday - Thursday next week to try and fix my phone.....unlikely!!!

By the time it's fixed and back with me, I think it'll be almost 1 month from the time they received it. If this is the case, I will be writing a long complaint letter!

I don't know if it will help but immediately after finishing talking to the support advisor, an automatic message showed saying that they would appreciate my feedback on the support I had received. I took the opportunity to let them know how annoyed I was with the whole situation!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

EDIT - Looks like I spoke too soon, the problem is still occurring! I've now sent a very dissatisfied e-mail to HTC Support and asked for a replacement handset. The rest of this post can safely be ignored in terms of my satisfaction with HTC Support. Let's see how they handle my new support request!

Wed 6th April - Phone Arrived at HTC Repair Centre (Huntingdon, UK)
    Wed 4th May - Phone Arrived back with me

Good News for everyone:
    • Warranty Period was honoured
    • Phone was bought on Jan 5th 2010 so 2 year warranty definitely applies for UK users
    • Unlocking bootloader didn't void the warranty!
    • Bluetooth is working!

It's a shame HTC couldn't have carried out the service quicker but to be fair there were 4 bank holiday days during this period & they phoned me 3 times! Twice leaving messages and the third time ensuring I had got the messages and apologising for the delay. They also took the time to listen to my feedback on the whole experience, they genuinely seemed interested in improving the service which is really refreshing.

That HTC Sensation is definitely on my Wish List come July when my contract ends! Thanks HTC for great support even though it was looooooong!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Bluetooth

That is the same scenario I had to deal with! Sent N1 in for repair to get Bluetooth to work. Returned to me after a week and it worked for a week (+/-). Then went back to Bluetooth not working.
    Next I called and talked with service as politely as I could but making sure he/she (2 different calls) understood that I was not happy with the way this has been handled and there was no way I would accept anything but exchange.

The exchange unit works as it should.

Still like N1 but have to admit I am considering the iPhone.

Another story off this thread.

David

Yeah I got an e-mail back from HTC Support today from the "floor manager" saying that the issue has been raised in importance and they will contact me soon. Pretty annoying since I raised the issue first thing yesterday morning and business hours are closed now until Monday.

Just going off topic quickly. Dave, I hereby give you a virtual slap! Don't go to the darkside! I've had the iPhone and iPhone 3GS, both of which I sold within 1 months use, don't leave Android! What about the HTC Sensation, the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Motorola Atrix, how can you abandom them! you! Apple wants your money, it doesn't care about you!

Bluetooth

1. I hope the HTC does you right. From where I sit customer support/satisfaction is what makes or breaks a company.
    2. I appreciate the virtual slap! My issue is how poorly Android/google work with iCal. You would think they could get it worked out so that all was seamless.
    I too have had the iPhone 3G and it lasted less then a month. Overall I am a fan of Android but a couple niggling things just tend to mess my day up too often.

Thanks for the thoughts.

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links