Problems with touch screen: My story

This is a discussion on Problems with touch screen: My story within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everybody, Hope this will be of some help for someone out there. This is my Nexus One story. I reside in Quebec and use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with touch screen: My story

Exclamation Problems with touch screen: My story

Hello everybody,
    Hope this will be of some help for someone out there.

This is my Nexus One story.

I reside in Quebec and use the VIDEOTRON network for all my services: cable, internet, home phone and cell. In September of 2010, Videotron introduced their new 3G service and so I was forced to change my cell phone to something compatible with what they were offering. They do not have the iPhone ( my dream phone) and so I chose something that was similar: THE NEXUS ONE. Withing 4 days I noticed that my first Nexus had some weird shadows embedded in the screen and so, I went back to the store to change for a new Nexus. I did like any other excited customer did after acquiring such a nice cool gadget I bought case and screen protector..you know, nice and cool looking, with gel cover and solid hot pink case over it...I was set!

WRONG......I started to have glitches with my touchpad..first I would try to write but weirdly enough it would not follow my finger ex: letter A would be letter S, letter M would delete etc etc...and so I tried everything like for example, changing vertical to horizontal, going back to home menu, turn the phone off and back on again....Sometimes it would resolve the problem, sometimes no and so, I had to shut the phone completely off ,losing my text. Shutting it completely off would resolve the problem momentarily, but the problem would always creep back up. Then the phone would start to freeze up...at the start menu..unlocking it would be impossible and a nightmare. I went back to the store with all these problems and the tech informed me that the nice beautiful case that I invested in, was the problem.
    Apparently the Nexus is sensitive to hard casings and does not like to be constrained....and so I took off my hot pink case and kept the soft black gel type case on...The problem subsided...for a while. I left for a month vacation and little by little the problems came back up again..this time the on off button was no responding....My thought....PEICE OF CRAP PHONE....BUT! I though I was just very unlucky and had a lemon. And so after my vacation, I packed up the box and accessories and went to the store one more time to exchange my DAMN phone..
    Third phone....after ONE DAY...again..problems with the touch pad....the keyboard going berserk just writing something completely different, and opening menus here and there.......did the restart button AGAIN and fixed my bug..but now my faith in this product is nonexistent...Yes..it is fine now, still have the third phone with me but what tells me this third phone wont get worse with time??

I aquired the Nexus in September of 2010, today we are the 21st of December 2010. NEXUS for me was not a happy experience. I will change my android for a simple cheap phone and WAIT...WAIT very patiently for the arrival of iPhone with Videotron...They say the update to come will fix a lot of problems with the NEXUS ONE phone, but to be honest I don't care...I have an iTouch 4 that will fill my web needs until the mother ship comes down. I am pro APPLE yes... but was very patient with NEXUS and all it gave me was headache after headache...the only this I will dearly miss is the VIGNETTE APP...wonderful, wonderful app!!! And the illusion I had something equal the iPhone. I was just unlucky I guess with this product but I think, in my case it's time to call it quits.

I hope Nexus will fix all bugs with this phone because I think it is a great alternative to all those who despise APPLE product. The apps are cool and the phone has great potential. the camera is great, video capacities are awesome but for me this phone is a Russian roulette... :suicide:

CC

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey there. It's been discussed many times now, this keys recognition issue is a problem that I guess 50% of google nexus one owners experience (and I'm within these 50%). There are few topics on the net and on this forum as well discussing this issue. Google is aware of it (there are requests in the official google nexus questions and answers) but doesn't seem to be trying to fix it anyhow. Long story short here are few solutions that help me if not completely get rid of this, then at least minimize the frequency of it happening, so I suggest you to try doing the same.

1. Go to the browser settings and turn "landscape only" on. Some people have figured out that automatic orientation switch increases the probability of this issue happening.
    2. Try switching the phone automatic orientation change off as well (of course if you're ok with it). Personally I don't use landscape anywhere except the camera.
    3. Install LauncherPro as a replacement for stock launcher app. It seems to me it helps to minimize this issue as well, and it works way faster than the stock one (not mentioning tons of additional functions).
    4. Also I'm using Miren Browser instead of native, it seems it also reduces the problem frequency.

And yeah the only good method to get rid of it when it happens - reboot the phone. I have a special widget for this purpose.
    Hope this helps.

Is it me, or did Vidéotron buy the leftover Nexus One's? It seems all the issues reported are Vidéotron customers. I haven't searched the forums, but it seems like the last 2 or 3 people that have complained about their phones are with Vidéotron. Did P-K Péladeau just buy from the crap pile at Google at a discount or something? Anyways, glad I couln't wait, bought mine online (before it was too late), and went with Bell ('cause I also get the 6GB/$30 that beats anything Vidéotron offers)!!!
    Sorry for those who are having issues.

Although, I know 3 people who, in the last 2 weeks, have had their Samsung Galaxy die on them. And Bell won't give them a Smartphone as replacement. Just a regular one (if that!).
    Guess there's just no perfect phone/carrier in Canada!

Junior Member Frantic_Earthling's Avatar
    Aside from the solutions oultined in d4ni31's post, let me add my two cents.

I have found that regularly cleaning the touchscreen with a microfiber cloth (the type you use to clean your glasses) prevented the problem from happening. "Cleaning" includes wiping the usual smudge that can be expected on any touchscreen.

This does not in any way exonerate Google for what appears very much to be a design flaw.

JOP I don't think it's Videotron's fault I think it's just because they are still selling the phone and most people won't look for stuff about their phone unless they have issues and if you haven't noticed half the time you type anything with the word nexus in to Google you end up on this forum so it's normal that people are coming here with issues with their new phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jop View Post
    Is it me, or did Vidéotron buy the leftover Nexus One's? It seems all the issues reported are Vidéotron customers. I haven't searched the forums, but it seems like the last 2 or 3 people that have complained about their phones are with Vidéotron. Did P-K Péladeau just buy from the crap pile at Google at a discount or something? Anyways, glad I couln't wait, bought mine online (before it was too late), and went with Bell ('cause I also get the 6GB/$30 that beats anything Vidéotron offers)!!!
    Sorry for those who are having issues.

Although, I know 3 people who, in the last 2 weeks, have had their Samsung Galaxy die on them. And Bell won't give them a Smartphone as replacement. Just a regular one (if that!).
    Guess there's just no perfect phone/carrier in Canada!
    I have this issue and i got my ATT phone straight from google.

toutchscren not work

Hello I bought a Nexus two weeks ago and the touch screen stopped working. There is no reset button on the phone?
    Anyone ever had this problem

I had many problems with the touch-screen has everyone else, I had to reboot many times every day to get it back at normal. When I've changed the BRIGHTNESS option to AUTOMATIC everything was back at normal... previously the brightness was set to full light. That seems to be the reason of all the touch-screen bugs on the Nexus One. It still crash sometimes but 1 time per week and not 10 to 50 times per day!!! If it still crashing sometimes I presume it's because AUTOMATIC mode gets to FULL BRIGHTNESS and then the touch-screen eventually start to go wrong or the memory gets overload, who knows!!! Anyway hope it will do it for you has it worked for me.

J'ai eu beaucoup de problèmes avec l'écran tactile du Nexus One, plusieurs fois par jours le positionnement du touché se déréglait. Lorsque j'appuyais à un endroit précis, c'est un autre point différent qui était activé. Le seul moyen de régler la situation était de redémarrer le téléphone. Lorsque je suis allé dans les PARAMÈTRES et dans AFFICHAGE, que j'ai mis LUMINOSITÉ sur AUTOMATIQUE tout est redevenu fonctionnel. Je n'ai plus ce problème régulier de 10 à 50 fois par jours, il arrive que cela se produise 1 fois ou 2 par semaine et des fois pas du tout. Avant de modifié cette option j'avais mis la LUMINOSITÉ au PLUS ÉLEVÉ... Les rares fois où sa se produit maintenant j'ignore si c'est parce que la mémoire devient saturée ou parce que le mode AUTOMATIQUE tombe sur la LUMINOSITÉ MAXIMUM, qui sait!!! Mais le problème est réglé pour moi, j'espère que cela vous sera tout aussi utile.

Jo

;o)

Thanks for the reply, bau i justsent the phone to repair, they sad thats the sensor of the touch screen

I tried BIGJo's trick on my girlfriend's N1. I'll let you know how it goes. Her Nexus was also set to Full Brightness and she was experiencing issues few times per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links