Nexus One - GSM 850 possible?

This is a discussion on Nexus One - GSM 850 possible? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, just got my hands on my brand new Nexus One and ran right into what I think is a brick wall. I live ...

Thread: Nexus One - GSM 850 possible?

Nexus One - GSM 850 possible?

Hey guys, just got my hands on my brand new Nexus One and ran right into what I think is a brick wall.

I live in New Zealand and the place where I got my phone from only had one listing.. I thought ok, fair enough. I did do some checking into the frequencies which I thought my carrier had and thought ok, should work. Anyways, the phone is here, the sim is in, but this Nexus One is the version which runs on the GSM 900 frequency (Vodafone) rather than that of GSM 850 (Telecom XT).

I was wondering if there was any way that there may be a software unlock which allows the phone to gain access onto the 850 frequency due to at this time, the XT network serves my purposes much better than Vodafone or 2degrees.

Any help would be much appreciated (:

Cheers,
    Omega.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The radio is built to operate at specific frequencies. There is no "unlocking" that.

You need the right phone for your network.

it is hardware issue not software you need to get the right hardware to get it work in your netwrork

If I were you I would just go into the off topic forum and ask to trade at&t nexus one for t-mo I am sure someone will pm you eventually. Or sell it back on eBay (or whatever else you want) and get the money and buy yourself the t-mo version.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, pity I'm all the way in New Zealand! The phone still functions fine on the higher 2100 frequency, however it has very limited coverage (unlike the nationwide 850 frequency). Nevermind, I'll go to a different carrier, cheers for the input.

Nexus One is 4-band GSM
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    The difference is in the 3G bands
    3 UMTS bands (either 900/AWS/2100 MHz or 850/1900/2100 MHz) HSDPA
    Should work in your carrier, but no 3G will be available (but GPRS/EDGE should work)
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links