STILL no file search for android that works??

This is a discussion on STILL no file search for android that works?? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When is android going to get a search mechanism that works?? This should be fundamental for any OS of any type. Android's built in file ...

Thread: STILL no file search for android that works??

STILL no file search for android that works??

When is android going to get a search mechanism that works?? This should be fundamental for any OS of any type.

Android's built in file search simply doesn't work. I've had a nexus one since january and it has never once worked right for me.

I have a couple of apps such as power search and astro. Neither of them are finding simple files on my SD card. However, I can find them immediately by connecting it to my computer and using the computer to search. I know the files are there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried Linda file manager
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Estrongs file manager works great!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I couldn't find a search mechanism in Linda, but ES is working. It's finding all files containing the word I type, which is exactly what I want, and it's exactly how a real search tool should work.. Thanks

When I do the same type of search in default android search SD card it brings up a list of 100 files or more, with the correct file containing the word I searched for halfway down the list in the midst of 100 other files that didn't have the search word anywhere in the file name or inside the file, or doesn't find it at all. Needless to say this is not how a search tool should work and I think anyone would consider the tool not working AT ALL under these circumstances. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, and that would seem pretty odd if that was the case. All I'm trying to do is search for an .mp3 file on my SD card with the word 'hold' in the file name, so I can find and listen to a song called 'hold on to me' for example. I'm not the only person that used my android phone to search for a particular file or mp3 to view or listen to. Tell me I'm not the only one with this problem

Anyway, ES file manager is working perfectly so far.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links