Nexus One wont do ANYTHING!

This is a discussion on Nexus One wont do ANYTHING! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey everybody I've bought a Nexus One and was happy about it until now, because now it's broken! When I press the powerbutton, nothing happends, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One wont do ANYTHING!

Unhappy Nexus One wont do ANYTHING!

Hey everybody

I've bought a Nexus One and was happy about it until now, because now it's broken! When I press the powerbutton, nothing happends, when I put it into my computer the LED doesn't turn on as usual! However, my computer detects that there is a new unit, but it can't detect which and fails to install it.

I've searched a lot on the internet, but could not find any answer.. I've been thinking that it maybe was the "main board" (the one with the most chips attached), but was now thinking that maybe it's just the upperpart that is broke. If that's the thing, i won't be hard to buy a new from eBay!

But what do you think could be the problem? I don't know what to do

Sirencly,
    Anders (Denmark)

And oh.. Merry Christmas

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well it could very well be the mother board but then usually there should have been some physical damage EX: drop, water. Has any thing happened to your nexus one lately?

And merry Christmas to you too.

I have to be honest, I'm maybe not the best caretaker of my phone.. But I have been a long time since I last dropped it and for the time, there isn't any rain in Denmark (only snow snow snow!)

And the only really visible damage is on the top part of the phone..

The weird part was, that I had been inside for a couple of hours and used it a bit.. And then, all of a sudden, it just turned off.. And then wouldn't do anything again!

Do you remember what you last did to your phone before this happened?

Not really.. But something in range of www (bus info), Google Maps and messages So not anything "dangerous" (I believe...)

No I figured that if you were doing something like flashing a ROM you would have said so in th OP but I was thinking maybe downloaded an app or visiting a malicious site. But I don't think bus info is malicious.

Sent from nexus one.

Have you tried getting into the bootloader (hold volume down, then power up while still holding the volume down)?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I don't think that will work if the power button doesn't get him at least to the :nexusx:

Sent from nexus one

It ain't dead if theres a pulse...
    Just looking for that pulse...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    No I figured that if you were doing something like flashing a ROM you would have said so in th OP but I was thinking maybe downloaded an app or visiting a malicious site. But I don't think bus info is malicious.
    No, I don't think I was doing anything in that way. And if I was, then it was an app from Android Market. And I've never tried installing a custom ROM, because it could go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    It ain't dead if theres a pulse...
    Just looking for that pulse...
    I tried what you said and nothing happend.. I thinkh I've read somewhere that you have to press the trackball instead but that didn't work either..
    The only pulse is when I plug it into my computer and it says there the unit wasn't recognized.. Maybe I can try some different?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links