Videotron N1 Big PROB ! Help...

This is a discussion on Videotron N1 Big PROB ! Help... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Heres the story : Since Videotron is holding the updates (and tweakin' em) I decided to root (without unlockin boot) and go with Rom Manager ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Videotron N1 Big PROB ! Help...

Videotron N1 Big PROB ! Help...

Heres the story :

Since Videotron is holding the updates (and tweakin' em) I decided to root (without unlockin boot) and go with Rom Manager to install CM6. I backup my current ROM (using Rom Manager tool), apps and data. I flashed the clockwork, downloaded CM6 from Rom Manager and applied. It worked pretty damn well, exept for the 3G network access. I couldn't access it in anway. (Thats why Videotron tweaks their ROM, the frequency they use is higher) So I decided to install the FRG91 stock ROM tru Rom Manager again. Downloaded the ROM, and hit install.

The phone then reboots, i see the N1 logo and then the screens blacks out. I dont see the animation. after a short while, the trackball flashes and the menu lights up. As if the rom was installed and working but no image. I tried multiple reboots and still the same. I then decided to go in bootloader and go tru recovery. I select my ROM Manager recovery file and the it says "file not valid".

And now when the phone reboots, all i see is the N1 logo, then complete blank. (not even trackball glow nor menu lighting up)

I fear the worse ! Help me please ! That said, the things I did were the only things I know about rooting, basically you can say i'm a root noob...

I can have access to my sd card tru my imac (sd card reader slot) so I guess I can still put something on my sd for the bootloader to use ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Follow the unroot/restore guide here, using the passimg method with FRG33. The file links are on the word"here" on step 2...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

oki ill try that tx... just need to find my sd card adaptor.. ill try it tomorrow.

thanks for this ! I just hope my phone isnt broke

ok lets try this

ok i worked... im now on 2.2 but no 3g.... arrggg.. and battery doesnt seem to charge ! gonna update it with FRG83 and see...

ok the battery is chargin maybe the 3g aint workin because the apn is missing

2.2.1 installed...

3g missing... gonna contact em to add the apn...

fingers crossed

woot ! everything working just fine !!! it was the apn that was missing... videotron crapware off my phone and 3g working great ! now i have the OTA's woot !

tx a lot to all who helped me

now, lesson learned... ill just root and wait for the ota's lol

(currently running FRG83D woot )

one last question, i have a 4 gb card and i bought a 16 gb.. can i switch em no prob ? without arming the rom or phone functonality

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links