Nexus One #3 on the way - very frustrated

This is a discussion on Nexus One #3 on the way - very frustrated within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; In August 2010 I purchased a four month old Nexus One (rooted) from Craigslist. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, except it had dust ...

Thread: Nexus One #3 on the way - very frustrated

Nexus One #3 on the way - very frustrated

In August 2010 I purchased a four month old Nexus One (rooted) from Craigslist. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, except it had dust under the screen. I debated doing anything about it, but figured for a phone that was four months old it shouldn't have dust under the screen and would probably only get worse over time. So, HTC gladly replaced with a refurb.

In November, refurb #1 started having the power button problem. This, of course, makes the phone extremely frustrating to use. I, again, called HTC and they gladly replaced it with another refurb.

At the end of December, my five week old refurb #2 started suffering the same fate. Now, the button is totally useless. I called HTC and they are replacing it... again.

I am now expecting refurb #3. While HTC is a pleasure to deal with, I wish I didn't have to deal with them. When this refurb comes in, I'm putting this phone on Craiglist and getting rid of it. There is no assurance that I won't keep having this problem through April, when my warranty expires. I refuse to keep swapping phones and it's worth more with a warranty until April, trying to sell it.

I've done the research as to why it occurs and it doesn't appear HTC has re-engineered the button. So, I'm done with the Nexus One. I love the phone, but I'm going to try to find a Nexus S at this point.

I'm not impressed with HTC quality.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had mine since January 10 and nothing has went wrong with it maybe you had a faulty one to begin with

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

Since I can't be without a phone, I've swapped them each time. I am not getting the same phone repaired over and over.

You know what I have realised with this whole power button thing there are two different types of people to this, the ones that have gone in for a refurb/repair multiple times within the last year and the ones who have never had any issues with it. Am I the only one this is apparent to? Because to me it sound like this thing is caused by the user more than the phone. Yes htc made a "faulty" button but then how come allot of people had no issues with it and others had multiple issues with it.

Interesting observation. I don't know how a user could incorrectly press the power button or treat the hardware in a such a way that would create the problem short of neglect, however.

I have this vision of the HTC refurb/repair center where they check off the functionality of each item on a list. Yes, the button worked when I got it and I'm sure it passed at the factory. The first one failed at about 12 weeks, the second at about five.

I don't know what to make of it and I'd gladly keep the phone if there was some reasonable assurance that this problem won't happen again in a month or three.

It's my opinion that all of these devices are going to be prone to this failure at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, smarter than me, devises an aftermarket replacement ribbon cable/trace/button for these. The hardware specs still make it a very viable phone and I don't see N1 owners putting up with this post-warranty.

Well I can think of one thing that will prevent the phones power button from dying this will sound odd I know, don't use it. There are other options like if you root the phone you can flash cm6 which has track ball wake which means that you can use the track ball (or volume control) to unlock the screen which eliminates the need for a power button. There are also apps for this such as no lock and widget locker I believe so you don't even need to use the power button.

Although how the user could damage the phone by using it someway Iím not sure but maybe there is a trick to not breaking the power button.

Funny you should mention that, No Lock. I already had that installed when the power died on the first replacement. When I setup the second one it auto-downloaded. That's actually what I'm using right now to make the phone functional.

When I first started using the second replacement I did just what you describe - tried to not use the power button. After about a week, I thought it was ridiculous to be using it in that way. It's like locking your car with the key because the remote is prone to failure and you don't want to use it. It just didn't make much sense for something that should work.

But, I get what you're saying...

I'm on my third phone. My wifi chip died in my first phone after a month. Within a week of getting my 2nd phone (seemed new to me), the power button started having problems. I called HTC to replace it 3 weeks later (the problem started small and got progressively worse). My third phone has been fine now since May.

Angry

I am new at this forum !!! but still let me share my experience with you !!

i bought N1 new from Google in july 2010. worked good for first couple of days, then started problem with mic.
    so, when i am talking with somebody , suddenly the person cant hear me, though i could . but that is just for 8-10 s and then again it gets connected.
    I called HTC and got ref#1, this phone had power button problem, so i called HTC and they cant send refb#2 bcoz my ticket was open and they want my original phone back in order to swap refb#2.

So, i sent my original back , then waited for couple of days till they do testing on that to make sure its not damage. OK !!
    Finally i gave CC Authorization (for $529) then they sent Refb#2.

Dam...Refb#2 has now charging problem... so i called again and waited for again 3-5 days and then finally i have refb#3...i gave UP.....this Refb#3 has problem too..but i dont have time to call those ppl and explain the whole story again....

Also, My head phonen had some problwm too, so i called again and they said will send new one...waited for 15 days and finally i got package from HTC , But guess what ! they send me head phone for my touch 3g..( my touch 3g does not have mic on their head phone ....So no use )
    i had to call again and AGAIN waited for 15 days and finally got N1's head phone...

Then, My Pouch had problem...so i called again....they said they will send a new one.....GUESS WHAT ......I got my touch 3g head phone AGAIN insted of POUCH !!!!

So, i descied now, no more HTC untill they improve their service, its not worth spending $600 for a phone with such customer service...

So, i just wrote 2 mail ( Paper mail ) and Post one to taiwan office and one at washingto office ( CC to CFO/CTO/CEO/MD)

Its been 2weeks now but NO responce till now.. i am still waiting....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links