Display won't turn back on

This is a discussion on Display won't turn back on within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I fixed it by doing the following: 1) Backup all your data. I used "My Backup Pro" application. There's a trial version that you can ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Display won't turn back on

I fixed it by doing the following:

1) Backup all your data. I used "My Backup Pro" application. There's a trial version that you can use for 30 days too just called "My Backup". Backup everything on your SD card.

2)Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset. At this point, be sure that you DO NOT select "Erase SD card". Now you can select Reset Phone.

3) Once the reset is complete, download My Backup Pro application and restore all your data.

Good luck! Send me a message if you need any assistance.

This still did not fix my problem.

I have reset everything. Both batteries are doing it. The phone works perfectly fine, EXCEPT for this, when you power down the display, it won't come back on. The power button is not failing because I can still see the soft buttons illuminating when I press it, and the phone will ring if I call it. There's just nothing on the display that will allow me to answer it.

????

Sigh. I have the exact same problem. It is not the power button. Wake on trackball has the same problem. I've tried restting everything and installing CM7. No help there. It is odd that after the phone has been off for a while, the display always comes on when I turn it on. But a reboot after it has been running for a while, and the screen goes off and never comes back on. Actually it never wakes from anything that makes the display go to sleep.

Possible Solution

Hey,

Question... what size memory card are you using? What class?

I bought a 16Gb Class 10 Chip and I know that is what was causing my issue.

Cause I sent it in to be repaired cause it got so bad, and it came back the exact same way. They couldn't have known to test it with my chip.

So when I got it back, EVERYTHING worked JUST fine, until I put too much on the card and it crashed. Screen went off, wouldn't come back on.

I took out my 16GB chip, put in my 4 GB chip, haven't had an issue since. I'm not sure if it's the Class 10 bit, or the 16GB or both, but yeah, that was my issue. Hope it helps.

Early on someone else suggested it might be the memory card that was the problem, so I tried the phone with no memory card at all. Same problem. Anyways I've had the same memory card since I got the phone

I'm glad it fixed your problem. I'm beginning to suspect it is a symptom of a slow hardware failure of some sort where different people have different severity versions of the problem. I've read of people who saw the problem 80% of the time who loaded custom CM roms and tweaked display settings to only see the problem 10% of the time.

I was seeing the problem 100% of the time, but I tried the custom roms and the tweaks and in 46 successive tries, the display came back on once. Still not usable :-).

my nexus was having power button problem, i downloaded a simple application/widget "any unlock" now the volume button works as power button....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links