Browser stuck in WAP mode- Help!

This is a discussion on Browser stuck in WAP mode- Help! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've somehow managed to get my web browser stuck in WAP mode. When I go to a web site, it looks like it's been formatted ...

Thread: Browser stuck in WAP mode- Help!

Browser stuck in WAP mode- Help!

I've somehow managed to get my web browser stuck in WAP mode. When I go to a web site, it looks like it's been formatted to fit onto the tiny screens of phones from 10 years ago.

When I examine the URL of the web site, the browser seems to add the modifications to the URL which causes the WAP version of the web site to come up rather than the regular web site.

Everything else seems to be working OK. For example, when I use the YouTube Android app, it works just fine.

I came across this problem when I was switching between SIM cards from different carriers (Wind and Mobilicity - both are AWS frequency carriers in Toronto). Now the problem remains even if I switch SIM cards and carriers.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It's driving me crazy!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Menu..settings...applications..manage applications..all..browser..clear data
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Good info to know, regardless.

Not a problem
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links