Rooted my Nexus one and it crashed!

This is a discussion on Rooted my Nexus one and it crashed! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hmmm.. Do you have an micro SD card reader on your laptop / computer?? Thats why it is usually mentioned in the "how to root" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooted my Nexus one and it crashed!

Hmmm..
    Do you have an micro SD card reader on your laptop / computer??
    Thats why it is usually mentioned in the "how to root" instructions, that you have to have a ROM zip file before you attempt rooting.

Did you flash recovery using fastboot from command prompt?
    If so you should have adb. Try using adb to push file to sd card by connecting it to the computer using the command syntax below
    adb push foo.txt /sdcard/foo.txt

I'm not sure if the above step will work (I just looked up android documentation to find this up Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers ), since I havent tried it myself on a broken device that cannot boot itself up.

Fira thank you so much it is working.. I appreciate your help and and taking me step by step:D

u r the best

Eidan

So did the adb command work is what you are saying?

No, I am not the best Im just 1 week into this..
    I was searching for Nexus One 2.3 OTA on twitter and I found a link to your non-working Nexus One in one of the tweets.. I remember the anxiety attack I had when my Nexus one wasnt booting up for the first 3 hours of my first rooting experiment about a week back :D
    So I thought I should help..
    Just help some other soul if you find someone online having a similar problem

Once you have your root and custom ROM in place I think you gain enough confidence to experiment more... I have installed 3/4 custom ROMs in the last 1 week...

u r right actually i thought that i missed up my phone and it wont work again.

what i did is, from the recovery options i tried the usb toggle thing then i copied the two file to the sdcard "copy paste" then i flashed the two files and thanks to u it worked.

i really like the gingerbread and i just set up all the accounts and the apps

ill be happy to help any one having the same problem. and as you said, i feel a bit confident now and i might try some other things

wish all the best,
    Eidan

Wow, I just checked the options in the recovery, and the USB-MS toggle does really exist ! Im glad you figured that out... I never knew about it ! So I learnt something today ... Now I can sleep in peace :D

Im glad could be of help.

By the way, you might want to check the CM7 nexus one page on XDA everyday... The one that you installed is an alpha release (not even beta) but fortunately everything works.. And they deliver and update the links for the CM7 ROM (daily) and GAPPS (whenever something changes)

Just some of the customizations that I did on this ROM:
    1> I installed the "gingerbread launcher" from market place by Eugene373 (I dont like ADW launcher that comes with CM7)
    2> I removed the power settings on the notification drop down (Im not sure if you like it, I didnt...) using Settings -> Cyanogenmod settings -> User Interface settings -> Check and the uncheck the Notification power widget checkbox.

You can overclock using SetCPU (Its freely available in XDA at:
    SetCPU for Root Users [2.1.0] It's over nine thousand 12/27/2010 - xda-developers

Some thread about HBOOT that should improve your understanding (and confidence):
    FAQ - HBOOT and rooting - Android Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links