Nexus One Does Not Send Large SMS To Multiple Recipients

This is a discussion on Nexus One Does Not Send Large SMS To Multiple Recipients within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello A recent pickpocket incident left me light of my Motorola XT720 so now I own a Nexus One. So far I like it but ...

Thread: Nexus One Does Not Send Large SMS To Multiple Recipients

Nexus One Does Not Send Large SMS To Multiple Recipients

Hello

A recent pickpocket incident left me light of my Motorola XT720 so now I own a Nexus One. So far I like it but the camera is not a patch on the XT and it seems to be a bit more power hungry too.

I joined the forum today as I saw some others have reported SMS send issues. I have found the same problem and now I can recreate it 100%.

1. Select a large SMS (one that is larger than 1 standard text message) and choose the forward option.
    2. Select multiple recipients to send it to.
    3. Hit send.

On my Motorola XT270 they sent just fine. However, on Nexus One the first SMS sends but the rest have a 'sending' notification underneath each one and never send.

If you try and send another text while the thread containing the unsent texts is still active the phone will prevent all subsequent texts from sending and leave the 'sending' notification beneath them. It seems only a master reset will cure this as I tried to delete all the affected threads, but it still refused to send any texts. Annoying because then all the apps stored on the phone memory are deleted.

I found that deleting the affected thread before any other texts are sent clears the problem and the phone will send texts again. I have now done this 4 times and the result is the same each time. I have created the total lock out of SMS sending twice by sending an SMS without deleting the original thread containing the messages with the 'sending' notification beneath them.

Signal strength and type of network does not matter - I can do this on a 3G or GSM network, full strength or just a couple of bars.

A single SMS sent to multiple recipients seems to be fine.

To me, as a person who does a lot of S/W testing for the company I work for, this is a classic S/W or F/W bug. It amazes me that this has existed for so long on this phone with no fix seemingly forthcoming. I note that some of the threads relating to SMS issues are many months old!

Do HTC users have this issue too? Am I correct in saying this phone is effectively a Desire without any HTC skinning?

Google/HTC:- Pull your finger out!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well it was nice to read suggestions and possible fixes.

However, it is irrelevant. I found out why the phone was acting as it was.

When it was given to me the APN was set to a postpay ISP type, which had no MMS setting. But, even though the wap contract APN was present it was also incorrectly configured. So, a little play with those settings (in other words adding the missing fields and correcting the MMS web address) and all appears well...well, not quite.

The default SMS service STILL does not send MMS and also reports the size of the MMS incorrectly - effectively the size relates to the text only - its as if it doesn't see the picture at all.

However, I downloaded Handcent SMS and that works a treat. MMS, large SMS, all to multiples and all glitch free.

So, check your APN settings, change your default SMS and, for me at least, problem solved

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links