Internal Mic Problem

This is a discussion on Internal Mic Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm having problems with the internal microphone on my n1. I've always had issues of people complaining they cannot hear me clearly. Also when I ...

Thread: Internal Mic Problem

Internal Mic Problem

I'm having problems with the internal microphone on my n1.
    I've always had issues of people complaining they cannot hear me clearly. Also when I initially answer a phone call, my first "hello" is almost never heard by the person calling. These are however not my main problem.
    Today nobody could hear me no matter if i called them or they called me. I rebooted the phone to no avail. However when I put it on speaker phone, they could hear me. When I voice search, it recognizes my voice just fine. So I don't know why it only doesn't work for voice calls.

Anyone ever encounter this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've noticed that my tendency is to hold the phone to my ear with my little finger on the bottom edge of the phone...problem is that that's where the mic is! If I move my finger away from it, the problem goes away.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I've noticed that my tendency is to hold the phone to my ear with my little finger on the bottom edge of the phone...problem is that that's where the mic is! If I move my finger away from it, the problem goes away.

Just a thought...
    Yeah unfortunately this problem is no matter how I hold the phone or even if I put it on the table and yell into it.

Like I said, problem only during voice calls.

Thing is, the speakerphone function still uses the same mic. So does voice search.

So, I guess I got nothin' :D

Edit: Almost forgot to welcome you aboard! Hang in, someone will be along soon with some other ideas.

Hi all

I have got exactly the same problem and been trying to deal with it for long time!

Anyone who is on the other side of the line can hear my voice very badly or intermittently.
    They lose me completely for 3-4 sec and then my voice comes back, then goes again.
    Extremely annoying and it makes my phone basically useless unless I go with Loudspeaker or Headphones.

My story:
    Phone started having this problem since 1st day (July 2010), happening very rarely at the beginning. (I was on Android 2.1).
    With Android 2.2 got worse.
    Then last December I spoke to Vodafone.
    They said it needs to go to the Repair centre.
    It went and came back after 17 days.
    The report saying "it's fixed now".

As soon as I got it, I restored all apps and also a new upgrade arrived on my status bar (2.2.1). I installed everything, then tested a phone call (regretting not having done the other way round to find out if the problem was app-related).
    The issue wasn't fixed at all.

I sent it back to Vodafone again, another 17 days with no phone.
    Report saying "it's fixed now".

Ok, this time I got smarter and tested the phone with a call straight away.
    It seemed to be fine.
    Talked to 2 different people for half an hour, they could hear me.
    I noticed HTC re-installed the 2.2 Android version (not the latest 2.2.1).
    So after a few min of use, the notification bar shows 2.2.1 was coming.
    I installed it.
    The problem comes back... and I go back to the Vodafone store as well, VERY irated!

They offer me to replace the phone! That's good news, I thought.
    The day after I had a brand new handset.
    But hear hear... same problem!
    I could not believe it .
    I thought mine was just faulty...but this is happening again.
    I tried to reset the phone, same.
    End of the story.

I cannot tell for sure whether this is related to a software upgrade or not, but I couldn't find any way around it.

My only options I can think of are:

1) Contact HTC directly and see what they say ( I went only through Vodafone so far)

2) Hope that the 2.3 upgrade may fix the problem..but it seems it's not coming yet!
    I would root the phone if installing another ROM would fix the issue, but found nothing in forums regarding this problem.

If I got caught with the same problem with 2 different handsets, I cannot explain why this is not a street-wide issue.

Only idea / news about this would really help... I am becoming hopeless.

By the way, I am new to this forum.
    It looks pretty thorough and I will be happy to contribute.

regards,
    Silvio

I'm glad you joined us here, Silvio. I wish I could say I had a solution to your problems, but I can't. In fact, the issue you refer to is relatively unheard of around here. I'd call HTC for sure, because it's quite unlikely that anything in Gingerbread will fix what you're experiencing.

I'm sorry you're having these problems, and I hope you can get the matter resolved soon. Good luck, and again, welcome to our community.

Hi there. I just wanted to say I am having exactly the same problem with the microphone. It happened just sometimes during the first seconds of received calls, then it was more and more often (not sure if linked to the different OS versions, I was regularly updated) and now it happens continuously even after power cycles. Sometimes it stops happening and then it comes again; my phone is now nearly unusable.

BTW, when it happens the mic is completely off. Voice recognition does not work, nor does any app using the mic (recordings are silent, visual mic feedback is flat...)

I have been googling and the problem seems to be fairly extended, but I have not found any solution yet. If anybody finds a fix or even a workaround it will be VERY welcome.

Thanks,

Alvaro.

Exactly the same issue here. Want to throw the phone through the wall.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links