Nexus One Issue After Replacing Digitizer

This is a discussion on Nexus One Issue After Replacing Digitizer within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey folks, long time lurker here. Last night I replaced a cracked digitizer in my N1 and didn't seem to have any problems with it. ...

Thread: Nexus One Issue After Replacing Digitizer

Junior Member wonderfulmetropolis's Avatar

Nexus One Issue After Replacing Digitizer

Hey folks, long time lurker here.

Last night I replaced a cracked digitizer in my N1 and didn't seem to have any problems with it. Turned on the phone after assembling it and it booted just fine. Tested the digitizer and its working as intended, being very responsive to touch like it should. I thought I was all set with a job well done, until...

The phone went to sleep. When trying to bring it out of sleep the softkeys light up like they should but the screen doesn't come on. It would appear because of that fact (and one other) that it's not related to the power button.

The other thing I've noticed with this issue is that when I try to bring the phone out of sleep, the screen is responsive to touch commands. I've successfully unlocked the phone and turned it off via the on screen method.

It's not a sometimes thing with it coming on properly part of the time either. The only way to get the screen to display again is to shut it off and turn it back on.

To me it's quite an interesting problem and my google-fu has returned nothing related to this issue.

Might anyone here have any ideas? I'm currently stuck using my backup phone which is a dinosaur of a T-Mobile MDA:

Help!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same problem here...

I just put mine together tonight and am having the exact same problem... Did you figure anything out?

No nothing at all actually. :-/ It's still experiencing this issue.

Ok well this could be do to 2 things as far as I can see. One when you took it apart and put it back together you accidentally might have made a bad connection to the screen and it is not coming back on. Two some how in there some where you messed up the ROM and all you need to do is flash a new one.

Thing is, those are the two possibilities but I would bet allot more on the first then the second if I had to cause the chances of you having messed up the ROM by messing with the hardware are slim.

Any idea why that would allow it to show originally but not after it's gone to sleep?

Ya seeing as this is not the first time I see someone with this as a problem I'm going to say that some how in the wiring on the nexus one the original boot turns the screen on by feeding power to something that then turns the screen on but when it is on but the screen is locked it just trys to feed power to the screen itself but there is a missing link somewhere now.

Anyway I'm not an electrician I don't know much about wiring or the insides of phones so I'm just speculating right now.

Please help me

Hi guys, today i have changed my display on google htc nexus one and when i want to lock the phone,the image is blank,nothing happen.I need to take off the battery in order to have image on display.I saw that some of u have the same problem.thank you very much

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links