update fails repeatedly

This is a discussion on update fails repeatedly within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i'v received the 2.2.2 update system message 3x now. each time i say "yes, reboot and install", the phone "reboots", and i'm still on 2.2.1. ...

Thread: update fails repeatedly

update fails repeatedly

i'v received the 2.2.2 update system message 3x now. each time i say "yes, reboot and install", the phone "reboots", and i'm still on 2.2.1.

i say "reboots" in quotes as it seems to be doing a soft reset. i see the nexus one logo for a few seconds and then i'm back. much faster then when i manually reboot the device.

this happend for the last (2.2.1) upgrade as well. i believe it worked on the second attempt there, but now this is getting frustrating. every time it fails, i'm waiting for days until i see the update message pop up again.

any ideas?
    thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

are you rooted ?

no, i should have mentioned that. this is 100% stock nexus one, nothing custom, not rooted. t-mo version.

....scratch his head.....

Check the charge of the phone, OTA cannot be installed when reaching a certain % charge left (i think its 50% but not sure, it may be 25%) So lets say your at 50% and launching the OTA, the reboot and preparation will take a small amount of the charge so you wont have 50% left, the OTA then closes.

If not, I would try downloading the signed update, put it on sd and reboot into recovery to install.

If still fails (i guess it won't though) i would revert to factory settings and try again.

it's not the charge level. the last 2x the phone was fully charged on power and on wifi.

yes i guess i'll manually install it. i wanted to avoid that so i could make sure i was always getting the official build from google.

can you recommend the site i should look at where i can download the google-blessed nexus one updates?

thanks.

download here : Nexus One/Roms - XDA-Developers

that will do the trick for sure, passimg method never fails lol

then do the passimg (starting at no.3 assuming you have downloaded your rom) :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

write down your apn (access point name) settings in network--mobile settings before you proceed, so you dont need to call costumer service to set it up again to be able to connect to 3g

had same problem

I had this same problem not sure if this was fix but I had a program called app 2 SD free on phone I took that up and not sure if coincidence but update worked after that. Strange or coincidence unsure...I have since put that APP back on phone

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links