Connectify and Nexus One

This is a discussion on Connectify and Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello Everyone, I have a router at home but the range isn't that great so I have to use a re broadcaster i.e. my Laptop ...

Thread: Connectify and Nexus One

Connectify and Nexus One

Hello Everyone,

I have a router at home but the range isn't that great so I have to use a re broadcaster i.e. my Laptop to give me my WiFi signal I achieve this using connectify . (Connectify - Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot)

Now the thing is, My Nexus One connects to the router quickly and properly but when i ask it to connect to connectify , it connects at the first attempt and works well then as I move out of range and in back again it says "Obtaining IP Address" this continues for a while and finally it just disconnects. Not sure what the problem is , but it conencts to the router readily , it just wont connect to the connectify hotspot the second time. If I have to get it connected I have to restart my laptop.

Now again this happens in my home country, where my laptop is connected via a LAN Cable to the laptop.

Now I am visiting another country where my laptop is connected via a LAN cable but to a hub , which is NOT a router but I use the Windows Internet sharing facility and I don't have a WiFi router here at all just connectify but here my Nexus One seems to connect readily at any given time and trials to the WiFi hotspot . Is it something wrong with my LAN configuration or is it my Nexus One all together?

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try setting a static ip

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm having a similar problem with my N1 on travels. When I set up my XP laptop to share its wired internet connection via the laptop WiFi, my iPhone connects fine over the WiFi signal, but the N1 doesn't even see the SSID. It turns out that the N1 with stock Android 2.2.x will not connect to an ad-hoc network !!??!! This has been known for a year, and has never been addressed by Google.

I don't know enough about Connectify to know if this is your problem, but it is definitely something to be wary of !

I am also facing similar issue. Nexus S is stuck in "Obtaining IP address" phase while trying to connect to a Connectify enabled Laptop.

8 times
    I have the same problem sometimes, connectify goes buggy occasionally, what helps is:
    -Close connectify
    -Open task mgr, kill all other connectify instances,(they linger)
    -then reboot
    -start connectify again

should work
    helps me

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links