GPS showing 200+ mph !!!!

This is a discussion on GPS showing 200+ mph !!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Not sure if this has been seen before but my stock (2.2.1) N1 with Radio 5.12.00.08 has a GPS issue, it randomly adds about 240mph ...

Thread: GPS showing 200+ mph !!!!

GPS showing 200+ mph !!!!

Not sure if this has been seen before but my stock (2.2.1) N1 with Radio 5.12.00.08 has a GPS issue, it randomly adds about 240mph to the current reading.

I have down loaded 2 GPS apps and they both show this issue so it must be a firmware/radio issue.

Using GPS test it shows that even when the accuracy is about 2m this the speed randomly shows 200+ mph.

Wish my car was really that fast - LOL

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe try turning GPS on and off?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yes I tried turning GPS off and on - also turned off wifi and APN, then rebooted phone - still the same problem

I was going to flash the radio back on but can't find my radio version to download from anywhere. Maybe I should try an older one from the XDA forum?

Google GPS?

What app are you using that gives you the speed you are driving? I'd like to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    What app are you using that gives you the speed you are driving? I'd like to try that.
    I am using GPS Test (Free) from the market - gives you lots of information GPS wise and is fun to use with a huge speed readout.

As far as my issue goes I have flashed CM 6.1.1 Stable and the GPS fault has now disappeared AND my screen going haywire is now very much reduced too !!!!

I am now very happy :-)

Thanks Pauli for the info on the app and I am glad you worked out the problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links