Nexus one warranty

This is a discussion on Nexus one warranty within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was one of the early N1 buyers back in Jan. 2010. Yesterday I called HTC to report that my power button is malfunctioning (started ...

Thread: Nexus one warranty

Nexus one warranty

I was one of the early N1 buyers back in Jan. 2010. Yesterday I called HTC to report that my power button is malfunctioning (started 2 days ago) -- apparently a very common hardware issue with N1. After spending 20 minutes giving shipping info, SN, etc., then the HTC person announces that my 1-year warranty expired 3 weeks ago! "Sorry, can't help you, but you are welcome to send it to us for repair at your expense". So you are telling me that I forked over $520 for a N1 one year and 3 weeks ago, it has a known hardware issue and you're not going to help me out? "Sorry..."
    Well at least I have the widgets now installed that let me by-pass the power button until I decide which new smart phone to buy. Be forewarned: If you have flaky power button and your 1-year anniversary is coming be sure to report it to HTC or you'll be on you own later.
    By the way, any good suggestions for a better replacement? I see T-Mo is coming out with the Samsung Galaxy S 4G next week...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Power buttons can be had from eBay, if you think you're up to the challenge?

As fast as new phones go, the rumored HTC pyramid is tempting, but with the quad-core announcements, everything could change...

I don't feel the need for change just yet though... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I'm certainly up to the challenge of replacing the power button since my N1 is no longer under warranty. Anyone done this? Going to look at eBay...

I'm actually wary of the idea of going to Samsung, I have friend who is still languishing with 2.1 on his, because they still haven't updated to 2.2.

There's a thread over on XDA with discussion on replacing the power button. Has links to the teardown, etc...

I'm kinda wary of the Samsungs, also, and the SonyEricssons also. I don't know why, but I get a feeling that those two don't really embrace the whole android thing.

Gonna go hide now, before I get slapped down for that last comment... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cbagee View Post
    I'm certainly up to the challenge of replacing the power button since my N1 is no longer under warranty. Anyone done this? Going to look at eBay...

I'm actually wary of the idea of going to Samsung, I have friend who is still languishing with 2.1 on his, because they still haven't updated to 2.2.
    Not sure what your friend has. The only Galaxy not to be updated yet is the Captivate and it is supposedly coming this week. The Vibrant is not an OTA. You have to DL the package onto your PC and flash it. I did it with mine (that I gave to my gf, and it was a piece of cake. After playing around with the Vibrant, I have to say. It's a very nice phone...better than I ever though. I actually like it better than the N1 except for the feel of it. It feels cheap. I absolutely love the feel of my N1....and quite honestly? That's a pretty sweet thing!

I just looked at ebay and no power buttons. Any suggestions for N1 spare parts?

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cbagee View Post

Not sure what your friend has. The only Galaxy not to be updated yet is the Captivate and it is supposedly coming this week. The Vibrant is not an OTA. You have to DL the package onto your PC and flash it. I did it with mine (that I gave to my gf, and it was a piece of cake. After playing around with the Vibrant, I have to say. It's a very nice phone...better than I ever though. I actually like it better than the N1 except for the feel of it. It feels cheap. I absolutely love the feel of my N1....and quite honestly? That's a pretty sweet thing!
    Oh, good to know about the Vibrant, I'll pass the info on....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links