Issue with phone ever since the "Refresh" icon has appeared

This is a discussion on Issue with phone ever since the "Refresh" icon has appeared within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everybody, My nexus one has developed a problem ever since the Sync icon has appeared in the notification bar (about 4 days ago). Now, ...

Thread: Issue with phone ever since the "Refresh" icon has appeared

Issue with phone ever since the "Sync" icon has appeared

Hi everybody,

My nexus one has developed a problem ever since the Sync icon has appeared in the notification bar (about 4 days ago). Now, ever since this has appeared i can't access basic things like Gallery, Android Market and 1 app (for example) Shazam.

Hopefully, no one will say do a "Factory Reset" because i have a lot of stuff on my phone. And if i do have to do a factory reset will i loose all my phone updates such as 2.2 Froyo?

I haven't changed anything that i know of that may cause this problem, but it's freaking annoying. Has any one else experienced this problem or even know whats causing this to happen?

i live in the UK (my service provider is O2) and my phone is not rooted (hacked). Any advice would be greatful and thanks in advance! P.S im'a bit of a newbie, so be nice!

Android Version: 2.2.1
    Build Number: FRG83D

Thanks...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Uh... sorry but I'm not sure what the refresh icon is can you give me some extra info on what that is, what it looks like and what it does because this is the first I hear of it.

Never heard of this...

Can you post a screen shot?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok...first of all D'OH!

I now have learned that it's not a Refresh icon but the Sync icon (the power contol widget, it's the 4th one)

I've got a picture for you guys: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

From when i first got my phone my google contacts/calender has been synced with no problems. Now, when the first time i noticed the sync icon in the notification bar it was when i went to all my contact and found them deleted from my phone however when i logged on to gmail from my pc, my contacts were there under the Contacts tab...i since have managed to get them back by re-syncing them by accessing Settings> Accounts & Sync Settings> Background data and Auto-sync (tick on both)

Yet what ever is causing this sync icon to appear is disabling some function as my first post states...

Lol!
    So, do you still have a problem?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yes the problem is still there.

Also does anybody know if I do a factory data reset will it erase my 2.2 froyo update? And will it be a simple case of selecting 'Update System' to get it back?

Any advice would be most appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Bal View Post
    Also does anybody know if I do a factory data reset will it erase my 2.2 froyo update? And will it be a simple case of selecting 'Update System' to get it back?

Any advice would be most appreciated...
    if you do a factory reset only your programs and setting will be deleted not your update it will still be the same os that you are currently running... secondly this sync process never stops any program to work but in fact it is saving you data on google's server so that if you reset your phone it will restore it back to your phone that includes all your applications, contacts, calender entries and etc...
    hope this answers your question

Thanks....does factory resetting delete all accounts? For some reason I noticed that one of my Gmail accounts is not syncing properly...as I try to delete that particular account it just rejects the demand and doesn't do anything.

Will factory reset remove all accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bal View Post
    Thanks....does factory resetting delete all accounts? For some reason I noticed that one of my Gmail accounts is not syncing properly...as I try to delete that particular account it just rejects the demand and doesn't do anything.

Will factory reset remove all accounts?
    yes it will remove all your accounts.. then after factory reset you will have to add them again..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links