Nexus One won't connect to computer.

This is a discussion on Nexus One won't connect to computer. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; No it's not because i didn't mount the USB Connection. I connect my nexus one to my computer and don't even receive a notification of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One won't connect to computer.

Unhappy Nexus One won't connect to computer.

No it's not because i didn't mount the USB Connection.
    I connect my nexus one to my computer and don't even receive a notification of new hardware or anything, but my phone charges.
    I've also tried installing the android sdk usb packages by google for my phone but without the "Android Device" section in Device Manager i can't update the drivers.

I'm using XP Pro

Edit: I've also enabled USB Debugging and nothing. If it can be related to the problem, I also had an Acer Liquid E a while back and it ran smoothly without any problems when I connected it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like a driver issue to me.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

nexus one wont connect to pc via usb

I dont think it is a driver issue. im having the same usb problem. it connected one time and windows xp sp3 identified new hardware and said I was connecting a nexus one. I was able to view the sdcard like any lettered drive.

but then it never worked again. win xp doesnt recognize what I plug into the usb port.

how do I update the driver? its not clear after I searched the net.

Boot your phone into the fastboot screen of the bootloader, and it should force the driver to install.

The Nexus can be installed as a standard usb storage device, which isn't what you want. You want the adb drivers. This should make sure it installs the correct drivers

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thx. I can attempt to try that but it seems to involve loading some Dev kit and possibly voiding the warranty. This is supposed to be a consumer device . Hard to believe people do all this just to connect to their PC

Ahhhhh, sorry, I thought you were trying to connect via adb...

no problem. but any idea why the pc doesnt recognize the phone when I connect usb cable. it worked once or twice and win xp recognized nexus one phone , therefore it must have the correct usb driver ?

Are you connecting to the same usb port on the pc? I know that can effect it...
    Also, the cable can be an issue

its hard to pinpoint...
    1. it is a generic cable but it seems to work ok on my 'other pc' which is running the same version of win xp.

2. i have 3 usb ports on my pc. it worked once in 2 of the 3 and then never worked again.

3. the pc 'dings' when i insert the cable but the tray icon doesnt show anything connected.

4. I can plug my camera into usb (different cable mini vs micro) and i can see the flash drive no problem every time.

5. several people have posted with the same problem but i didnt see any real resolution.

Try checking all your usb devices under Device Manager on the pc. One of them will identify itself as your phone under the properties...

You can then uninstall the driver, and that should force install the next time you connect...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links